May 08, 2024, 10:25:27 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

07 Exhaust on an 88

Started by shovhd, October 19, 2009, 06:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shovhd

October 19, 2009, 06:15:21 PM Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:34:19 PM by shovhd
Anybody ever stick an 07-08 front header pipe on a pre-95 dual cross-over exhaust system? I want to use an o2 sensor and don't want to weld in a bung.
shovhd

hightop

Long as it's the same model (Softail to Softail, Dyna to Dyna ect.)it should work fine.

shovhd

Sorry, should have been more specific. It's for my 88 flhtp in my avatar. Dual Xover. Does the front header on an 07/08 attach to the rear Xover pipe the same as a pre-95? Thanks.
shovhd

BikerJim44

ShovHD, yes it does. They didn't go under the frame until 09. You could actually retrofit an 09 exhaust on that bike with a little work. Everyone seems to be in love with them. Thinking about trying it on my 08 Ultra myself, just to see how much difference it may make in the overall performance and the system itself. Spidey.
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.

shovhd

shovhd

hightop

Quote from: BikerJim44 on October 20, 2009, 06:38:13 AM
ShovHD, yes it does. They didn't go under the frame until 09. You could actually retrofit an 09 exhaust on that bike with a little work. Everyone seems to be in love with them. Thinking about trying it on my 08 Ultra myself, just to see how much difference it may make in the overall performance and the system itself. Spidey.

You'll have to change your oil pan for the crossover pipe. The support bracket under there also attaches with 2 1/4-20 bolts, I think into the back of the transmission case, which you'd have to drill and tap, but it may be on the pan itself, saving you the trouble. The collector certainly looks like a much better design than the earlier pipe!