April 27, 2024, 11:21:16 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S SUPER B

Started by 53Pan66shovel, November 23, 2008, 06:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

anyone know or have one that i could buy?

CraigArizona85248

You'd be better off with a Suber E or a Keihin CV40.

stroker800

I would avoid a super B on a panhead,,,a carb with an accelerator pump will start easier with a kicker,,I also perfer constant velocity carbs over the super E ...A SU works great on pans&shovels but again so the CV Kiehin...Sorry I gave my last B away...I also like a little more leg room with the shorter carbs..

Dave

panz4ever

ebay is probably the best place to find one. And....I will take the minority view here. I like the B carb and have run one on two of my last three pans. About the only disadvantage is you have to roll the throttle and cannot expect to just pop it for instant go. On the hotrod pan I solved that by installing a Thunderjet (do they still make them). Think? that's the purpose of the accelerator pump on the E carb (to eliminate the flat spot). Can't tell you if it's any easier to start than one w/ E carb cuz I've never run one.

Deye76

I ran a "B" on my pan , but it was electric start. Aside from the leg room, I can't think of any downsides. I liked it. Having said that, now that they have acc pumps I'd go with an "E", or a CV.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

fulldress79

I had a B on my Shovel and loved it. I agree about rolling the throttle,but never had it stumble on acceleration.They make a retro kit to put an accelerator pump on the B now also.

Hal64hd

Accelerator pumps are nothing new on the B had one on my B 20 years ago