May 09, 2024, 11:26:48 AM

News:

ultima rocker arms

Started by 94sporty, October 22, 2009, 05:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94sporty

i was wondering if the ultima rocker arms would work on a 94 sportster. the jims rockers show that they will fit a 84 to later evo and 86 to later sportster so i was wondering why the ultima rockers dont have sportster listed to fit but the 84 to later evo. if you could let me know what you think. thanks

gryphon

If you do find out they will work for you I have a brand new set that I bought for a my own project. However I may end up going a different way with the cam and valve springs on my evo and wouldn't be able to use them.

Hillside Motorcycle

Save yourself some grief, and stay away from those Chinese units. :crook:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

xlfan

This is something I've been wondering about for some time, is really the Ultima stuff chinese? Doesn't they brag about their stuff are US made?

xlfan

gryphon

I have not heard of any failures with these rocker units in the Ultima motors. Is this something you have run into before?

jsachs1

They had some issues when they first started using them years ago.They changed the design,and material.Haven't seen problems in the last 4 or 5 years.
John

BikerJim44

The only problems I heard are as noted early on and their roller rockers had some issues with the bearings in the rollers coming apart. I haven't heard of anymore problems like that of late. Jims and Crane also had roller problems with regards to the bearings but I think all those problems have been long since resolved. I know I put in a later set of Jims in a 95" build on a TC and has had no known issues in at least three or four years since I did that build.
Are these solid or roller? Spidey.
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.