May 02, 2024, 04:09:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SE "phat wires"?

Started by 05softail, November 23, 2008, 07:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05softail

November 23, 2008, 07:46:09 AM Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:02:56 AM by 05softail
With all the recent talk of spark plugs I just realized my se wires have about 30k on them now. Time to change them for preventive maintenance reasons. Bike's just shy of 40k. I got the red se wires when I changed my plugs at 10k service interval. I used the se's to accent the plain silver engine (they're pretty).

Anyway, I got on line to order another set and all I could find were these new phat wires (10mm I think). It didn't mention anything about for carb use only. I've never had an issue with the regular se wires, and I know many others use them. I hope they are of the same internal construction with just a thicker silicone jacket.

Anyone seen these or use them? I ordered them anyway since I also ordered a floating rear rotor to match the front and replace the worn and warped original. I also couldn't resist the black on black long sleeve t-shirt :smile:

I've been sick in bed for 2 days. Rode to work in the snow on Friday. It's cold as hell outside but my credit card is keeping me sane.

btw: I change my plugs every 10 to 12k and have been using standard ngk dcpr7e. I like the rolled threads, and their quality construction.  Never had a problem with factory plugs, but being an auto mechanic I've grown to dislike Champions. Now I'm getting off topic.

SE phat wires? Anyone use them? Are they ok for efi bikes?  Thanks for reading.

jd8181

i went to buy a new set of se wires about a month ago and they have changed all of the se wires from 8mm to 10mm. i think all it is is a way to get more money out of everyones wallet. you won't notice and difference with that 2mm. they are fatter and i think look alittle better but as far as performane it will fill like your old wires. my bike is efi so they are fine
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next