May 01, 2024, 09:34:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

FXR peg mounts

Started by harleydave51, November 23, 2008, 07:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleydave51

I'm trying to reinstall my stock foot pegs but I can't figure this out. On the left side there are 2 holes in a bracket hooked to the frame. There are no threads to insert these bolts. Is there a nut that goes between the frame and bracket? Or maybe the inner holes are so filled with sand and oil that I can't see them.   :crook: I suppose I could wait til tomorrow and ask the Stealer. Anybody?
WTF, Run amuk
89 FXRS
MASShole

ClassicRider2002

November 23, 2008, 10:05:06 AM #1 Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:06:38 AM by ClassicRider2002
".......I'm trying to reinstall my stock foot pegs but I can't figure this out. On the left side there are 2 holes in a bracket hooked to the frame. There are no threads to insert these bolts. Is there a nut that goes between the frame and bracket? Or maybe the inner holes are so filled with sand and oil that I can't see them.    I suppose I could wait til tomorrow and ask the Stealer. Anybody?....."

harleydave51~~~
This sounds like a "KODAK" moment, in other words, "A photo is worth a 1,000 words" thus a photo might help to explain what you are asking about.....but if I am "at all" understanding your question, I will take a "stab" at it:

the reason there "may be" 2 holes in the bracket is that the "bracket" is designed to help your foot peg "rotate" forward ie: away from you the 1st hole, while the 2nd hole is designed to allow the foot peg to "rotate" closer to you.  What you haven't mentioned is whether the "right" side also features a "bracket" with 2 holes.   Like I said a "photo" of this would be worth a "1000" words.....as you can tell by my response I am interpreting your question in a certain way when you may actually may be trying to describe something entirely different.....

If I am completely confused I appologize.

Regards,

"Classic"

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

gottaride

left side should have two holes at the frame where the peg holder bolts to.. yours could be full of crap if they haven't been used.. clean them out real good and you should see threads.. also on the right side you need a clutch cover that is made for mid-controls (the cable location is different on mid-controls) hope this helps
jt
We're not here for a long time, just a Good Time!!

harleydave51

That helps, Thanks.
Left and right are 2 different critters here.
I have forward controls but want to put the stock pegs and brackets
back on so I can rest my legs in a different position while riding.
WTF, Run amuk
89 FXRS
MASShole