April 28, 2024, 04:22:25 AM

News:

Ultima 127?

Started by Reddog74usa, November 23, 2008, 08:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flat Dog

Which is a good thing, since the Ultima air cleaner is butt ugly. ;)

After building my 80" and trying to stay within a fairly tight budget, I am wishing I would have just bought the Ultima and saved the original engine for a rainy day. I think you are definitely doing the right thing, Reddog!

Porkchop

Ditto on the butt ugly air cleaner.... I just tossed one in the trash and used the stock SE one.  Why didnt it fit the 84?  Gas tank clearance issues?
Gun Powder & Women, live by one, die by the other and love the smell of both!

Reddog74usa

Thats cool I'm not a big fan of the air cleaner myself. Besides it gives away the stealth factor  :wink:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

fergy1940

porkchop
Actually it was the a/c and carb with gas tank had to go with S&S if I had to do again I would have used a wimmer type a/c.
Fergy
I'm bored.

catmcaw

I was surfin around the other day and came on a site that was mostly feedback for Ultima owners.  There were several owners who had problems with rockers breaking, lifters failing, etc. More major failure than I would have thought.
Everyone seemed to agree that Ultima was good about standing behind their product when they had a problem.

Reddog74usa

They did have some of those issues but have now gone with forged rockers, mahle pistons and Johnson lifters to solve those issues.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT