April 28, 2024, 08:18:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

good deal???

Started by jd8181, November 23, 2008, 08:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd8181

i was just wondering what you guys think.... i got an 03 night train from my aunt about 3 months ago after my uncle passed away. he had put a 95" kit in it with se flat top pistons, cams, push rods, head port and polished (i'm pretty sure, i just got the number of the guy who build the motor so i'm going to call him and get all the details). after the built the motor my uncle used the harley race tuner and tuned the bike himself. he would ride it for awhile and then pull the plugs and changed some setting with the race tuner till it got it where he liked it. well i think that it is running alittle rich and my local harley shop here in town is having a winter tuning special. there special is if you already have the race tuner or buy one they will run is on the dyno and tune it for $299, normally it is $399. they said they would need the bike all day, and on the chart they give me at the end they would put on my start numbers when i brought it in and what they ended up with.... so i was just wondering if they a good deal or not??? :down:  :up:
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next

Herko

"...my local harley shop here...dyno and tune it for $299, normally it is $399".

That's a nice deal if it's a competent tune.

Good thread: 5 questions to ask your tuner:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216789

Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

04glide

I can get my bike tuned all day for $250 around here. But you get what you pay for. I can't find a good tuner in San Diego.It all depends on how good the guy is.

jd8181

yeah that's what i'm not 100% sure about. the harley shop was saying most of the time with a 95" kit they are getting around 80-85 hp out of it. i'm thinking with head work done i should get more than that. i'm just don't want to waste $300
What's Next

Valley

JD, I see your in IND, If your not sure about  your( state of tune) you can bring it by for a base line. I'll check both ft & r afr and give you print of hp/tq. If it's good you'll pay just for a baseline if not you can leave it for a full tune.  :up:

jd8181

hey vallyracing i sent you a private message
What's Next

jd8181

hey brian i tried giving you a call today but they said you aren't in till tomorrow. i also left a message on the answering machine too with my number so give me a call tomorrow if you can. if i don't answer leave me a voice mail and i'll get back with you.
What's Next