May 01, 2024, 06:22:42 PM

News:

shop work

Started by 05RK1, November 23, 2008, 10:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05RK1

I'm getting ready to put my bike in the shop to have the problems valve seals changed. I'm also comcidering a cam upgrade while they're in there. Im thinking se203 as there is no other work required to achieve this.  Will this help with the loss of power that seems to common with a touring 88.  Also should I wait to change all my fluids until after this work is done?  I already have the stage 1 se air cleaner, se bolt on pipes and a power commander.  2005 rk 4500 miles

thanks guys

smoserx1

It will give it a little more low end pep.  I have a 203 & like it.  Depends on what you want.

05RK1

Great, that's what I'm looking for.  Say in 3rd gear running about 35 when you roll on the throttle it sorta hesitates and that is what I want to eliminate.

Thanks

razar

I have an 03 RK 88 ci with TW26A's, BS a/c, SE ignition module, CV 42 rejetted, Cycle shack slip ons.  89tq 75hp on Dynojet 250i.  Huge difference over stock  I like it!
Razar
USMC (69-74) 0311
03 RK Luxury Blue    02 Ford F150 HD Supercharged

CndUltra88

If your doing the cams , you may as well do the tensioners all well.
Ok at least be prepared for the possability of needing to replace them that is.
Then maybe some adjutable pushrods then maybe you might wanna consider the 95 inch upgrade, oh Im sorry what was I thinking :)
Do the cams and be prepared for a phone call.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

fxstdavew

"it sorta hesitates" I would want to verify this isn't a real problem before doing any engine work.
Most bike problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebar to the seat

DocSlick

I like the Wood 6.  Seems to work the best for me as a bolt in cam.
DocSlick