May 01, 2024, 11:43:50 PM

News:

fuelpak question on FXDF FAT BOB 08

Started by NotaFATBOB, November 23, 2008, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotaFATBOB

New to the site here, browsed it and everything and everyone seems to be very cool and informative. So, I joined. My problem, very slight. I bought a 08 FXDF DYNA FAT BOB from a dude that had it listed on ebay, found out he was 20 miles from me, long story short this candy red sunglow is BANGING! He put a set of VANCE & HINES SHORT SHOT STAGGERED PIPES, A ARLEN NESS BIG SUCKER A/C and VANCE & HINES FUELPAK.
When i test rode it it went very well. Paid it off at the credit union...uhhh my ol lady actually did for my Birthday. Anyway, after riding for a week i finnally wanted to see what this baby would do from a dead stop on a straight stretch of highway. When i gave it full throttle it would flatten out almost shut down as if it had a limiter. I contacted the folks at VANCE HINES and they told me to verify the numbers in the codes, which i did and he said be sure to calibrate my throttle in code 19. But he did not say if i should open it wide open real fast and let go of it. One guy told me i should open it up count i miss and roll it back by hand and count 2 miss. Well. thats what i did. Now she pretty well opens up without the flat spot but i notice an amout of black smoot out the pipes. Is she running too lean? Should i recalibrate the throttle by just going wide open fast and close it fast?
Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts. ELROD, In Alabama.

Coff 06

The only experience I have is with my own on my 06 95".The map that V&H gave me made the bike run pretty darn good,but it's so easy to change maps that I tried a few different ones for my setup with different styles of exhaust and found maps that made it run even better,again this is only my personal experience.           Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118