May 01, 2024, 09:10:47 PM

News:

any a you rednecks

Started by pappyfreebird, November 03, 2009, 06:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappyfreebird

evo cut yer own floatbowl gasket? rubbar er thin cork? rekon gonna jus refresh n leave stock , evin paint but tank has small dent n sum chips by crotch..mebee ill do top a tank n feather it round stickers er use sum pin tape ta hide the line ain sure yet..but rekon carbees leakin a tad out back side of float (looks like gaskets gone) thunk it were the accel pump,,but that seems ok fer few bucks i prolly order carb gaskets etc..but she runs good n dont like ta fug up a good thang see..mebee jus new bowl gasket n see..been longtime sincew i seen a inards of a bendix...

Pynzo

November 03, 2009, 04:51:07 PM #1 Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 04:57:36 PM by Pynzo
Got some paper gasket stock at NAPA auto parts to make gaskets for my Linkert DC- works real good and cheap too-

pappyfreebird

thanks pynzo bro..i cant find me paper stuff,,but rekon ill hafta go git me sum ..tinkerd with it a lil afta werk n do seem to be the gasket rathar then accel pump..thanks again //paps

saltcaveminer

pappy you might have some crap in the bowl/seat etc. and or tank.the gaskets are probably dry rotted.sounds like a great project.i might suggest you spend a few bucks and get a rebuild kit and a can of carb cleaner (or fresh gas)and fix her right.Salty

Brrrap

Pappy, I'de send you a piece of gasket stock the size of a sheet of paper if you cant find any ,,just say the word.
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

pappyfreebird

November 10, 2009, 06:45:49 PM #5 Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 06:49:22 PM by pappyfreebird
thanks bros...i ain messed wid her much..havun injun summer here now,,so i been ridun the shovel..this xlch is my wintar projectso i r fuggan off ,,i dont wanna start too soon n git bored n mo nuts durin wintar lock up..i thought i had paper ,,have cork in couple thinknessez n rubbar..hafta run check local auto (thanks on that offer do preciate it)..carb seems fine slaty fires one kick etc,,but kin see wud looks like bowl gasket missun n she has a slight leak there bouts...ifn tip her on stand..ifn straight on lift then seems ok... dint wanna pull less had kit er gasket paper..got me a porta sand blaster fer here..mebee try lil glass on this ol girl too...

Ozee

Ain't nothin to them Bendix carbs Pap..........u can do with one arm behind yer back! As for the tank, U can mask off whole panel on the sides of tank to save decals and use yer idea to cover paint mask line with pin stripe. That's how the pro's do it.    Ozee

pappyfreebird

yea thanks oz..ive done a few like that..i is a rat canner..use ony plastickote laquer..gas runs fum it!..i did jus that too bro..i taped me a line n redid top..ony to have it fuggan wrinkle on me..so redid again n seems ok now..gonna let er set n then try blend..ifn nawt ill run a tape line er pinstripe design,,,hers a couple pix

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Ozee

Nice work! I'm a painter by trade. Used to be in the paint and collision biz. Wasn't gonna get all technical on ya before but I see you know what your doin. U r right about Plasticote, it is the best in rat cans. U can lay down some nice paint with their acrylic enamel too and looks just like urethane. It also cuts and buffs beautiful like base/clear.      Ozee