May 01, 2024, 04:37:45 PM

News:

CV 44mm needles

Started by Lovetoride007, November 23, 2008, 11:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovetoride007

Looking for a richer needle ,I presently have the woods KT3 needle and I am to lean,is there a chart posted anywhere on cv needles from lean to rich, and where the KT3 needle falls in on the the chart.
Thanks Mike

mayor

Here's a chart I made for  HD CV44 needles:

Sorry, I did not have the KT3 available (because I'm too cheap) to compare it to the above.   :teeth:

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Lovetoride007

Does anyone know if its worth going with a richer KT needle, or stick with HD

Sonny S.

Quote from: Lovetoride007 on November 23, 2008, 11:51:21 PM
Looking for a richer needle ,I presently have the woods KT3 needle and I am to lean,is there a chart posted anywhere on cv needles from lean to rich, and where the KT3 needle falls in on the the chart.
Thanks Mike

Lean where ?

ICANTD55

RICK , MA

mayor

Quote from: Lovetoride007 on November 24, 2008, 08:37:51 AM
Does anyone know if its worth going with a richer KT needle, or stick with HD

so, how do you know that you need to go richer?  do you know your current cruise afr under various load conditions? 

Lovetoride007

I Got this engine running last night and I have DTT WEGO 2 on it , I heat cycled it 3 times and took it out for a ride for 25 miles and under 4 th gear accell maybe at 1/4 throttle I had it at 16.8 to 1 and  I know my pilot is lean also so I am going to go to a 50 on that , maybe the pilot will richen up the needle.? but I may still have to richen up the needle ?

mayor

did you check to make sure you didn't have an intake leak?  how did the main look (wot)?  what main are you running?  try (2) #4 brass washers under the needle or if it's adjustable move the needle up one groove (down a slot).