April 27, 2024, 10:31:58 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need Knucklehead Heads

Started by eglideic, November 07, 2009, 05:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eglideic

I need a set of 1941 and up Knucklehead Heads.

ricochet

Originals are fetching good money on ebay and most need work in some way.  That's if you need Harley originals.  If not with the amount you'll shell out for those and working them over it almost makes sense to go to the aftermarket heads.

ricochet

eglideic

Thanks for not telling me anything new.

Ultrashovel

Quote from: ricochet on November 09, 2009, 08:27:06 AM
Originals are fetching good money on ebay and most need work in some way.  That's if you need Harley originals.  If not with the amount you'll shell out for those and working them over it almost makes sense to go to the aftermarket heads.

ricochet

I certainly agree. I thought everybody knew that. LOL. It would be one thing to be able to afford an OEM set and yet another to even find a set that was rebuildable. The cast iron gets brittle after 70 years.

ricochet

Frankly, I couldn't know what's new or not to you since it was a wide open inquiry but at least I've shared what was found from my looking for "good" ones over the last three years.  They don't come cheap and a couple that I've bid on and won were repairable but a stretch.

Sorry I couldn't help more that I did.

ricochet

Robin

Try Jack Larson at 816-322-1007 or Bruce Silkey at 785-887-6626.  They may be able to help you.  Robin

Robin

Eglideic,

Did you have any luck finding heads?
Robin

eglideic

November 26, 2009, 02:15:05 PM #7 Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 02:17:51 PM by eglideic
 I didn't post a reply. I PMed him.
One guy didn't have any and the other guy had some that were probably worse than what I have.
 And NO Not for resale.
Needed for a bike.

poorbiker

A complete set or bare heads. ?
I have a set of large port, one near perfect head with 3 broken fin, and one head -front- with no broke fins and an exhaust crack from lip to guide, on the inside. Had Rick at A/C Casting Repair in kelsyville, Ca. do the repair. Hes been doin cast repairs for many decades for those of you looking for cast repair, very good work and dude. He used to do alot of work for Hannans Machine in Oakland, semi retired.  Stock seats but usable. Maybe not any better than what you have but there it is. Contact if interested. Otherwise try American Classics in Oregon, he will have perfect heads, but $$... Also a guy who I have bought a few nice items from who sells alot on EBAY, Dougs Custom Cycles, in Ga. He will probably have some, trust him completely.....
"Effort takes no talent"

iiggii