May 02, 2024, 02:08:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

lifter noise

Started by bigborebustoff77, November 24, 2008, 01:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigborebustoff77

I just did a cam swap and top end on a 02 flh using fueling lifters, they said to use light oil to pre oil the lifters thur the side and top holes, after 6 heatcycles of about 3 minutes each the lifters are still rattling?
also ,
is it common for torco assembly lube to form a white film around the oil filler breather return hole area? this is a andrews 26 cam and a 95"' build .thanks

FLTRI

Quote from: bigborebustoff77 on November 24, 2008, 01:27:22 PM
I just did a cam swap and top end on a 02 flh using fueling lifters, they said to use light oil to pre oil the lifters thur the side and top holes, after 6 heatcycles of about 3 minutes each the lifters are still rattling?
Yes, you may need to ride the bike for a while til the lifters pump up all the way.

also, is it common for torco assembly lube to form a white film around the oil filler breather return hole area? this is a andrews 26 cam and a 95"' build .thanks
Don't knbow about torco specifically, but it is common for oil to show signs of moisture by looking like white foam.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

bigborebustoff77

Thanks fltri, Its bad weather here in pittsburgh now but when it gives me a break i,ll take the bike for a spin. two more weeks and i,ll be a chandler az snow bird .till march.

JOS

Did you recheck your lifter adjustment? If they are all rattling, then it's probably the adjustment... Lifters shouldn't take "a while" to pump up.