May 02, 2024, 01:55:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Another Cam Tensioner Question are there other options?

Started by crow, November 24, 2008, 04:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

With all the talk and problems with cam chain tensioner  why do I not see any of the aftermarket marketing a better made chain tensioner system. Or even something better OTHER the gear drive.
Did I just miss finding an alternative to HD upgraded new style tensioners.

Thanks
CROW
Knees in the Breeze is all I need........:)

PoorUB

My guess is the "problem" is pretty much covered with gears, or the new syle chain and conversion cams. Plus, it is a fairly small market to bother engineering something else.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Arrowsmit

HD somehow beat the aftermarket in introducing a more robust cam drive. The roller chain conversion has a lot of fans & gaining more every day. I bet it has even knocked a real hole in the gear drive market. No surprise really, considering the track record of the new set-up coupled w/the MOCO tinker toy cranks...

VicW.

DocSlick

Polishing the chains will reduce the tensioner shoe wear to IMHO a point not to be concerned with.  Took a motor apart that I polished the chains 24K miles later and there was minimal wear on the shoes.
Wilson