May 09, 2024, 03:57:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

good pipe

Started by 94sporty, November 17, 2009, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94sporty

lookin into getting a new pipe.  have a very short 2 into 1 now but lookin for something more towards performance now but cheap also. let meknow what you think. thanks!

andyxlh

Hello mate
I'm no expert on tuning or pipes, but a 2 into 1 setup with the right baffles has a very good name for power. If you have it as a drag pipe setup with no baffles perhaps a muffler on the end of it or torque cone would give the backpressure you need.
If you need to get rid of the whole system and replace it on the cheap it's hard to go past the stock OEM headers with performance mufflers (not drag pipes!) US companies like cycle shack do the mufflers in various end shapes and they sound good too. If you don't have the OEM headers you can probably get some real cheap from the local dealer or on ebay - any from '86-2003 should fit OK I believe.
Cheers
Andy
Sydney
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble

Hossamania

Don't know what you consider cheap, but a friend got a new Thunderheader at a swap meet for $300 w/o heatshields. I see the shields on craigslist for $50 often. I think that pipe normally runs about $550 to $600 or more. He really likes it. Not as loud and much better performance than his Vance and Hines Long Shots.
If you're not afraid of used, check craigslist, swapmeets, and our own swapmeet section here on HTT!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Hillside Motorcycle

Supertrapp............
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

mayor

if your bike is an '86-'03 (which I think a '94 is  :teeth: ), you need to be careful what 2 into 1 you buy if you have forward controls.  Thunderheader and Caliber are about the only ones that are suitable for forwards that I know of. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions