April 27, 2024, 04:57:22 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

98 s1 wl hop up

Started by alstar2, November 23, 2009, 08:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alstar2

friend wants alittle more power,98 s1 WL thunder storm heads.thinking
cams, some head work,new exhaust system maybe up comp for cams.
it has a slip on pipe now &  a/c  thanks-- Al

4DWUDS

Might want to ask the boys over at www.badweatherbikers.com Go to the Old School section.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

mark61

Just adding the "race kit" supposed to help.  Air cleaner, muffler and ecm. Bought mine ('99 S3) with those already on it. Mechanics all commented on the improvement that has over stock.

mark61

rigidthumper

88" Axtell cylinders with NRHS stage 3 heads, Mik 45, & HQ0023 cams makes  a fun bike.
100# of torque in a light bike makes for some nice power wheelies.
If you need top end speed, then 10.5 CR + SE575s or Andrews NV and 11:1.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

EGNBLU

I have a 97 S1 and went with the NRHS 1250 kit with stage 2 thunderstorm heads, mik 42, 10.5:1 Hurricane pistons, SE536 cams, dyna 2000 ignition and single fire coil. Still breaking it in, but it made a easy 100hp and 86 tq without tuning. Just jetting. Should make a few more after the motor loosens up a little. Power wheelies are easy in first and second. Probably will in third, not romping on it too much yet. Lots of fun.
Call Dan at NRHS and tell him what you are looking for, he is the man.

xlfan

Does anyone have the cam specs for the stock S1W cams? I believe they are different from the S1?

xlfan

xlfan

Rigid, isn't HQ0023 a EVO BT cam grind? Do you know if the SE 575 still is available? OEM Part number?

xlfan

rigidthumper

My bad. HQ-XL0043 is what I meant.
575s are 25740-05
Robin
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?