May 02, 2024, 02:18:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Mufflers for my 72

Started by heavyhitter, November 29, 2009, 05:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhitter

I am looking for a set of mufflers for my my 72 sportster. Condition is not much of a concern, just looking for harley made pieces. The straight pipes are drawing too much attention my way.

Please let me know if any of you have any out there for sale.

Thanks 

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

pappyfreebird

do you have baffels in them babys??
baffels be easy remidy,,beta yet i use wuds called lolli pops..jus a 1/4 20 bolt 3/4 long wid a 3/4 warsher weldid on the end..go in bout 6"s end of pipe drill 1/4 hole slip it in tightun nut..try it closed max quiet n most grunt n open till content,,,jus n idear..been runnin em fer yrs  paps
ps very sweet ride there...

heavyhitter

Thanks pap, might give that a go and see what happens. Used to be I didn't mind the the attention the racket brought, not so much anymore.

Pynzo

I bought some 12" baffle inserts from J&P to use in a set of shotgun drags, they were fairly cheap and came with fiberglass wrapping. I guess they'll sound like Cherry Bomb mufflers when I'm done.

pappyfreebird

in spreading the good spirits that brutha pynzo has set upon me,, id dig thru sum chit n find sum baffels n send em off fer the shippin bettin be under a 5er ,,rekon i must have a set of mebee 3'' n 6'' ers..again a couple loli pops will do same n r adjustable ..got a welder n couple warshers? ifn not i could zip up couple a them too

heavyhitter

Thanks guys. Pap if you tell me where to send the loot I will send it along and you can send me whatever you rustle up out of the parts bin. Surprise me, and I will slap em in there and give it a listen.

neighbors will be happy

olpigiron

Heavyhitter;

I Have A Set Of 4"ers I Don't Need,
     If Pappy Can't Find Any Or If U Like,
PM Me Your Addy And I'll Put Them In The Mail.
Cheers....
The Sun Don't Shine On The Same Dogs Ass Everyday....
OPI

olpigiron

Pappy.

I Just Looked @ My Post, I Hope U Don't Think I Was Trying to Step
             On Your Toes, That Wasn't My Intent.

Cheers!!!!
Cheers....
The Sun Don't Shine On The Same Dogs Ass Everyday....
OPI

pappyfreebird

no prolem bro..blame it all on pynzo,,he brung out the ol time spirits again...
ill take care of this one ,,ill find em today,,so heavy bro why nawt you send me yer addy n ill git er done fer ya..um pc savvy i r ,, i mean hey pm me mayun!!!

pappyfreebird

on there way heavy..ony couple bucks usps so meery xmas..prolly werent so bad at ups either but said 12 bucks on the ship cal.

oh n these r used so heed this warnin!!!after holdin em in yer hand n fuggan round wid em ,,dont touch yer face!!!got back ta werk ta find i looked like part of me injun blood had readied fer the war path..bet sum folk on the drive back hadda laugh at the idjut kook in the truck waahahaha

heavyhitter

Thanks pap, sittin on the front steps now waiting for the mail delivery.... kiddin.

Merry Christmas to you.

if your needing parts for your project holler, it might be gathering dust here and happy to send em over if I can help out.

:up: 

heavyhitter

baffles arrived thanks pappy

pappyfreebird

welcome bro hope they help ya..i knowd these pipes i gots will look cool ,,when i git time..sno bound n been diggun out n mo commin n car truobles then my truck fugs up,,chit happins in cold,,

heavyhitter

getting cold here too. took the sport apart a bit for some much needed redecorating, brake, and suspension repair.  Be up and running again in few short weeks and can then fire it off to see how it turns gas into noise then.