April 27, 2024, 03:40:21 AM

News:

Buell and endurance racing

Started by help-u2, November 25, 2008, 04:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

help-u2

Well, after the first two races of the 1125 not finishing cause of breakdowns they finally finished..  watched the races today....the regular Buell XB been winning...
so much for the best/newest offering from austria.  (they did not do so well even though finally finished without breaking)   yeah it sposta be fast.  but  i cant find one for sale cause of some secrete recall..  probably a good thing.  if they cant last 6 hours i dont want one...

kneedrager120

acouple of guys at work are trying to talk the owner into letting them setup an 1125r for racing next year in the new AMA/DMG series
might be competetive if the 3 of the 4 big four Jap Co. pulls out

help-u2

LOL....hell, i would be competive on my schwinn if all the japs pulled out...
sposta beat them at their own game....

4DWUDS

I watched the Daytona 200 last night, Great race. #9 Buell swapping first with the yamy's for quite a few early laps, then #9 had some fairing problems, had to pit for repairs, dropped back to darn near last and fought his way back up to a top ten finish.  About 3 more Buells in the top 20.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

panhead_dan

That was a hellofa race!
There were 6 Buells in the race. All six were running STOCK MOTORS.
Yup. The only engine mods were a pipe and efi tuning.
One of the bikes was converted from a stock street bike in 2 days in the motel parking lot right before the race!

help-u2

saw that....they did do well.   but a 1200 vs 600's.
a bit of a displacement advantage needed to keep up.
still, was good racing and good to see push rod motors in it..

4DWUDS

The Buell disadvantage was half as many pistons. :teeth:

help-u2

not so much the 2 pistons.  (duc dosent get so much displacement advantage)  its more like over head cams and anouther 9k r.p.m.
still whatever it takes to make a race.   in the "olden days" i used to race a 500 O.H.V triumph against the750 flat head harley....seems they always giving harleys a displacement advantage.

panhead_dan

Sorry folks, All six Buells in the Daytona 200 were 1125r models. That is, overhead cam, water cooled modern type engines (no pushrods) made to Buell's specs by Rotax.
If Eslick had been running the oem Buell bodywork rather than the aftermarket stuff that fell off, he would have won that race easily in my opinion. None of the other five Buells in the race had problems with the (oem) bodywork, including a brown one that went off the track into the dirt at high speed, end over end several times and ended up on its side. The rider got up, ran to the bike, fired it up and kept right on racing!

help-u2

so they finally got the new rotax to finish...and well.  since they over head cam wondering why they still get double the displacement advantage...

4DWUDS

Cause Buell is made in America and that's how we roll.   :teeth: Well it sounded good.  :hyst:

help-u2

LOL   rotax is austria (sp)  but yah... it souded good