April 27, 2024, 01:08:09 PM

News:

TTS Warm-Up Enrichment

Started by Arrowsmit, November 26, 2008, 07:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrowsmit

November 26, 2008, 07:24:32 AM Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:32:19 AM by Arrowsmit
I understand that this look-up table adds to the target AFR during engine warm up (much like a carbs choke), but there are values in the blocks for normal operating temps as well. Should the value in these (warmed engine) temp ranges be considered as a constant for that particular map?

Thanks,

VicW.

Herko

November 26, 2008, 12:08:55 PM #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:11:57 PM by Herko
Vic,
This is primarily a time based table.
You can take the WUE table down as low as 1.0 for MT6 files.

If AFR for a cell (parameter) is 13.8 in the Main AFR Table, and WUE for a given temp (front CHT) is 1.5 and bike is started at that temp, the initial AFR for that parameter will be 12.3 desired AFR to add the Warm Up fuel. Then ECU will count down 0.1 AFR at a time, so many seconds per tenth, until desired AFR is the same as Main AFR Table.

Can watch this all happen in Data Mode.

MT7 files can be set at 0.0 WUE temporarily. This helps speed up the Dyno tuning process. No need to wait for WUE fuel to subside. Can get right back in and look at AFR's for a warm engine.

Standby, there may be a Mini-Squirt screen-shot forthcoming.   :cry:
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

whittlebeast

November 26, 2008, 01:01:13 PM #2 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:00:12 PM by whittlebeast
Herko's description makes sence to me based on what I have seen in the logs.

From the manual

<<<< snip  >>>>

Warm-up Enrichment
The Warm-up Enrichment Table tells the ECM to Deliver Additional Fuel to both front & rear cylinders as the engine is warming up. This table charts AFR adjustment to the target value vs. engine temperature.

Increments increase the fuel enrichment (thus subtracting from the target AFR value)

Decrements decrease the fuel enrichment (thus adding to the target AFR value)

Example: If the air-fuel ratio of the running engine was 12.5 it will be enriched by 3.9 points additional fuel when the engine temperature is â€"16°C degrees or lower which makes the adjusted AFR 8.6, (12.5 â€" 3.9 = 8.6 AFR).

<<<<  snip  >>>>

wow  those two description read different
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

whittlebeast

Now that I think about it...

Cold starts consist of two parts

Cranking Fuel - in ms of pw given the temp of the heads

Warm-up Enrichment - (Really could be called after restart enrichment) in added AFR (making the target AFR richer) checking the head temp at the time of the start and fades away with time .1 AFR at a time.

The only thing with all this is I back into the Effective VE with the software I use.  I have found that the Sporty code adds fuel till the target RPM settles down to normal idle RPM.  The claimed target AFR settles in to 14.6 about 30 to 90 sec into the ride but the Target RPM and final pulse width settle in at about 180 to 300 sec.

AW

Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Arrowsmit

November 26, 2008, 03:14:04 PM #4 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:28:50 PM by Arrowsmit
I logged & watched a warm up cycle w/the TSII/Wego, but (not knowing about the timing factor) I thought I must just be seeing the progression of engine temp as the AFR's climbed to the target. Something didn't smell right tho...took a look at the WUE & saw all the cells populated. Thanks a bunch for clearing that up guys!

It'd still be cool to see the screenshot Herko...'minisquirt' huh?  :hyst:

VicW.

Herko

Vic,
"It'd still be cool to see the screenshot"...
I emailed you a cuppla data logs. ('08 Touring)
Open in Data Mode.
You can set up DM to "graph" any of the parameters as well as remain digital.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.