May 03, 2024, 11:04:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

REPRINT FROM OLD HTT: John S.

Started by ClassicRider2002, November 26, 2008, 02:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicRider2002

November 26, 2008, 02:39:49 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:50:01 PM by ClassicRider2002
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A REPRINT TOPIC FROM "OLD" HTT

I have saved many great topical discussions as "links" over the years and would hate to see these lost, so I am reprinting this TOPIC here, which may "perhaps" help some.

TOPIC:   John S.  09-08-03

From: bcrider   (Original Message) Sent: 9/8/2003 9:29 AM    Message 1 of 17 in Discussion
With Hippo and Samuel gone, you're more indespensible to the 1340 board than ever! Thanks for your input. Don't go anywhere!   (bc)

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

ClassicRider2002

November 26, 2008, 02:48:06 PM #1 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:50:20 PM by ClassicRider2002
From: bcrider  Sent: 9/8/2003 9:32 AM   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion
And, of course, thanks to all others that help out here. Didn't mean to imply that John S. was on his own. Well done. Don't leave!   (bc)

From: Skin† Sent: 9/8/2003 9:34 AM   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion
that's ok, bc

From: Burnout Sent: 9/8/2003 9:34 AM   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion
I don't post a lot here but I do read the posts everyday and John S has contributed a tremendous amount of knowledge with a great attitude.  Stick around I might have a question.

thanks

From: Deano34 Sent: 9/8/2003 9:48 AM   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion
Might sound dumb, I've been seeng alot that these two guys are gone (Hippo and Samuel). Where did they go!!??

Dean

From: JohnS_Rosamond_CA Sent: 9/8/2003 6:01 PM   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion
Well, I could never take the place of Hippo or Samuel, and I seriously doubt that I deserve the accolades that I get, but thank you.  I will try me best to continue to contribute (though I mostly hide out here in 1340!!).
Best Wishes,
John S, Rosamond CA

From: Z-Man891 Sent: 9/8/2003 7:30 PM   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion
John S.,

I certainly agree with these folks. And you may not be aware of it, but you are indeed a great asset to HTT. I'm sure a lot of people here are anxious to read your post like I do, no matter what the subject matter is about. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and your ever-willing attitude to help.

Z-Man

From: Bσzz   Sent: 9/8/2003 7:36 PM   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion
John S.
These guys are absolutely correct. Your expertise has helped many. The advice is always right on and appreciated. Definately an asset to HTT.
We go day to day and always seem to expect others to have all the answers. And it always seems like someone steps up. Many that contribute never get the acknowledgement they deserve.
Thanks for your contributions.
Bozz

From: sneakypete-1911 Sent: 9/8/2003 8:29 PM   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion
My dear John S.,
The post that I have read are in my opinion right on the money. I have posted a lot of questions here regarding my old EVO and most if not all the time it's been you who answers those questions for me. As I've said in the past and will say again now;
Thank you for all your time and knowledge.
   Skin is another great guy who has a lot of help for people and I'd like say thanks to you as well. Everyone has questions and to get those questions answered at no charge or in some way made to feel like a dumb ass for asking is pretty neat. If some clown ever makes a derogatory statement, I hope you guys can shine it on.  pete 

From: Gonzo1961 Sent: 9/8/2003 9:50 PM   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion
Because of all the controversy around here lately, I havent posted anything over here in a long time. I decided I could stay out of trouble if I just stay right here on the 1340 board. Everyone is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT John!!! In the beginning I used to have a hard time keeping you & Samual straight, as your advice (as well as your writing style) are very similar. You have been one of the main ones to answer my questions. I owe most of what I know about my bike to you & those like you. THANK YOU (and dont let idiots like myself chase you off)   Gonzo

From: BigUgly Sent: 9/9/2003 5:53 AM   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion
John S,

You probably don't realize how many people read, heed and appreciate your advice!  You are definitely my "Go-To" man for questions on my FLHS.  When I put a cam in this winter, it will be the V-Thunder 3010 that you recommended.  I've even started a separate file with your posts that are relevant to my plans for my scoot!

BigUgly

From: 98roadking  Sent: 9/9/2003 7:58 AM   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion
JohnS, I too would like to add my thanks. In the past couple of weeks I did some service to my bike, with the help and advice from you. I don't post often but I read a lot and your help and knowlege is appreciated.
Dan

From: scotzz Sent: 9/9/2003 8:07 AM   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion   
Let's not forget HarleyVrod for his expertise either.

From: 88-fxr Sent: 9/9/2003 6:13 PM   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion   
No doubt John S. has helped many of us that mostly log-on to get info rather than contribute (my problem is lack of experience-knowledge regarding HD's).  I've also been helped by several others, including Samuel, Hippo, Rotten, etc., etc.)  My THANKS to all.  I repeat the question posted earlier, what happened to Samuel and Hippo??

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

ClassicRider2002

November 26, 2008, 02:49:25 PM #2 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:52:39 PM by ClassicRider2002
From: CIGGYJOKOR Sent: 9/9/2003 6:29 PM    Message 15 of 17 in Discussion
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR HIPPO TRY...WWW.V-TWINFORUM.COM   JUST CALL HIS NAME...HE'LL SHOW UP.....USE TO BE THE OLD HARLEY-DAVIDSON-FORUM TILL HARLEY SUED THE OWNER...CJ

From: bcrider  Sent: 9/9/2003 6:45 PM   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion   
Long story 88, and ironic that you should mention Samuel and rotten in the same note. Last week rotten "Potty mouth" all over an opinion that Samuel gave on the 1340 board regarding ...can't remember exactly, but it's irrelevent. Samuel wrote a long post explaining that basically he was not willing to be shat upon for simply advising a member on a tech issue and proceded to quite gracefully resign from the board. I, too, thought that rotten was a growing asset to the board, and thought that after getting some crap awhile ago re: his attitude, that he had straightened out. BUT...this dialogue blew out. Everyone exploded in Samuel's defence and rotten quit and split. Quite liked the guy actually, but he crossed the line on this one. Too bad - lost two valuable tech resources.   (bc)

From: K9_849 Sent: 9/14/2003 11:37 PM   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion 
John S.    Appreciate your Posts also, been visiting for a couple years , reading, learning  more about the H-D motors & most of all enjoying. Gonna miss Samuel & The others but got to keep rollin'.     K-9 849
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

ClassicRider2002

November 26, 2008, 02:54:21 PM #3 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:03:52 PM by ClassicRider2002
Anything added beyond this point is new information.

Regards,

"Classic"

As we all know AlphaSamuel has since passed.....he was a major contributer to this site, I wonder if any of his old posts / threads will be brought to the new site.....a lot of his help was "PRICELESS"!!!!

Actually if you look at the date that this "THREAD" began you will notice that it started in '03 and over the years I have found John S. to be extremely helpful as well as informative......
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2