April 27, 2024, 10:58:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

I need to get rid of this huge aircleaner!

Started by blacknightrain, December 20, 2009, 03:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacknightrain

I recently purchased a 98 s3t.  (Love this thing)  I would like to replace the stock aircleaner with something alittle  smaller, the forcewinder seems expensive.  My other option is, I have a round aircleaner cover from a 91 sturgis (its black and so is my bike)  could I use a backing place from a carbed evo and a aircleaner? 

If anyone has  a used backing plate and aircleaner they would like to part with let me know

thanks, Bryan

4DWUDS

Yep, Same carb, Pretty sure you can use any air cleaner made for a CV carb. S&S, Forcewinder,Hypercharger.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

mark61

OEM  "Race kit" included an oval K&N filter that also fit sportsters. It had a carbon fiber cover.  The other parts of the kit were a different ECM and muffler. You can find stuff  over at www.badwebbuell.com

Now you might not need the ecm change since there is a way to program the base map with a special wire. Forget the name right now. If you want I have a new PCIII on the shelf for a 99 S3.

mark61