April 30, 2024, 05:03:15 AM

News:

India

Started by seattledyna, November 26, 2008, 07:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

My daughter and her boyfriend are in India on vacation, they are in the south of India now but have to head to Mumbai in the next few days to leave on the 3rd, hopefully they can make it out of the country ok! Mumbai is in lockdown for now.
will let you all know if I hear from them

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/11/26/mumbai.log/index.html

bastard terrorists

88b

Bastard muslim terrorists . As of about 9am GMT ( 4am Eastern ) the Taj hotel is cleared and all foreigners are free. Your daughter and her boyfriend should be fine, they probably don't even know it's happened. A lot of India's income is from tourism and 90% of the population like westerners.

wayzalot

I understand your concern and frustration.  My son and 14 other young adults fly out 12/3 to Deli India for a two month mission trip.  Pray for safety and peace.
"My life is based on a true story"

Phu Cat

Consider it done, Wayz.  There is no greater calling.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

seattledyna

My daughter called and said they are ok, the area they are in is safe, but they have a 30 hr train ride to Mumbai this weekend, which might not be so safe, they would be going to the same station that was attacked, they did however find a domestic flight that will take them directly to the big airport where they can get on their British Airways flight to London on schedule next wednesday.

They are going to register and check in at the US Embasy, and will call me when they get their travel plans in order.

wayz, best of luck to your son and his group, I would bet security will be even better now.

Flat Dog

I bet lots of tech support lines are down...

HV

I called the local Sat TV Service last week to add 2 sport channels... after talking to people in INDIA for 1 hr ...I told them to cancell the dame service all together... went with Local cable ... Man I was frustrated... poorest Customer Service Ive ever seen
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Sonny S.

Quote from: HV® on November 27, 2008, 10:54:28 AM
I called the local Sat TV Service last week to add 2 sport channels... after talking to people in INDIA for 1 hr ...I told them to cancell the dame service all together... went with Local cable ... Man I was frustrated... poorest Customer Service Ive ever seen

yep !   Dell, Verizon, Dish Network, and many more .... it's a shame  :emsad:

dave817

I wonder why we gave Pakistan $700M in foreign aid to fight terrorism. India got $100M, Israel, $2.5B and Egypt, $1.8B. How many unemployed US citizens could get jobs created with that money?

ron1026

Three years ago the company that my son works for( Lehman Bros ) sent him to Mumbai to set up offices there . After 2 weeks there he told them to find somebody else to do the job, there was no way he was going to take his wife and move there for a year. I was so glad then and even more so now.

Ron

Panzer

Quote from: 88b on November 27, 2008, 01:27:46 AM
Bastard muslim terrorists .
Mmmmmm........if I'm not mistaken, our next president is Muslim.
That always made me wonder and I still do.

Hope everything turns out ok 4 U & them, Seattle.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

truck

Hey guys, this discussion is getting borderline confrontational.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

04Fatboy

I don't detect any confrontation, seems like everyone is of the same mind:
1. India is a dangerous place
2. Offshore tech assistance sucks
3. Muslim terrorists are a drain on civilization
4. Once a muslim always a muslim   

HV

Quote from: 04Fatboy on November 28, 2008, 03:58:04 AM

I think you just made the point...
Skype HV.HTT

FSG

Quote from: HV® on November 28, 2008, 04:21:20 AM
Quote from: 04Fatboy on November 28, 2008, 03:58:04 AM

I think you just made the point...

I concur  :up:

FastFLSTF

Quote from: Panzer on November 27, 2008, 09:33:44 PM
Quote from: 88b on November 27, 2008, 01:27:46 AM
Bastard muslim terrorists .
Mmmmmm........if I'm not mistaken, our next president is Muslim.
That always made me wonder and I still do.

Hope everything turns out ok 4 U & them, Seattle.

You are absolutely mistaken.  Do some research and reading besides what's emailed to your inbox as a chain letter.

This thread was started by a long-time member and friend, a guy who has ridden with many and even painted many of your bikes, who was worried about his daughter and her friend.  It's not a vehicle for hate and slander.  We have left it up because we want Mike's daughter's safety to be in everyone's thoughts and prayers.

FirstHD

Next time visit the safer India. Brampton, Ontario. :hyst:

x52gnr

2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

Big Dan

Mike,
Any further updates on your daughter and her boyfriend? Hoping and praying for the best here.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

rattlecan

Mike (Fast), can't you delete individual posts anymore?  I saw a guy in Starbucks the other day with 2" letters tattooed on his bald head.  HATE ANGRY ARYAN.
I don't think trying to discuss the merits of our new President would made much sense to him.  In fact, I'm just quietly rejoicing in my bunker these days.  :teeth:

Mike (Seattle)  Hope everything turns out ok for your daughter and she gets home safe.
bob

88b

seattledyna I just pm'd you.

So how many people on this board have been to India ?

The way I see it is their security forces did a pretty good job of getting all the Americans and Europeans out unharmed. There are all religeon living in Mumbai and apart from some Muslims ( who didn't live there ) they all get along.

seattledyna

thanx 88b

here is the latest update,

Hi Dad! Good God, what a nightmare! All we have been doing for the last 3 days is spending a lot of time and money on phone calls and internet trying to get our travel arrangements all figured out. We finally managed to change our tickets leaving out of Bangalore on Dec 1 and arriving in Seattle at 4pm on Dec 1 (time change is weird). We only have one hour at the airport in London :( Darn! I was excited to go there. Oh well. So our flight # is xxx to London with connecting flight # xx to Seattle with British Airways. That's the update. We will be taking either a bus or a train from Cochi leaving tomorrow to Bangalore.

TwistedSister

Mike. . . I  know  ya's  will  be  thrilled when  they hit home  soil  again.  Have  been /will  continue  to  send  positive  thoughts ~n~ energy.
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

HV

Mike we are all thinking of you and them .. as soon as they set foot on USA Soil .. let us know...we will all have a BEER  :up:
Skype HV.HTT

seattledyna

thanx guys!!   and Ruth, good to see you on here :)

TweekmyTwin

Mike.. Just think happy thoughts, and before you know it, they will be home. Then we can go and have a drink along with a good meal. Thoughts and prayer's
Jim
Kiss What ?

seattledyna

They are Home!!!

My daughter called and they are safely home in WA. she says its nice to see clean streets and no more soldiers with guns everywhere she goes!

thanks all of you for your well wishes and good thoughts!

and 88b, thanx for offering your help if needed while they were in London between flights :up:

truck

That's great news!
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

texaskatfish

Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Big Dan

Glad to hear they're safe and sound.  :up:
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Panzer

Prayers come through again.
                 AMEN !!!!
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

98roadking

Hmmm, seems like my post disappeared.

Dennis The Menace

Terrorists come in all types of people, not just muslims.  Take my ex-wife, for example.....

lol   Jus trying to lighten the mood.

menace

FSG

Quote from: 98roadking on December 03, 2008, 01:25:36 PM
Hmmm, seems like my post disappeared.

Sometimes these things happen, best not to dwell on it.

98roadking

But yet the lie remains.

Dyna glad your daughters home safe :up:

seattledyna

88b

Glad your daughter's home safe. Travel makes for a good education, makes us apreciate things at home are a lot better than they could be.

seattledyna

88, I bet they saw things that they will never forget, and that would include the amazing scenery and wonderful people they met in their travels!

CndUltra88

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on December 03, 2008, 01:29:37 PM
Terrorists come in all types of people, not just muslims.  Take my ex-wife, for example.....

lol   Jus trying to lighten the mood.

menace

menace, at least you can rationalize with a terrorist!

After being bedridden with the flue the last week, I was shocked to learn that some extended HTT family where in possible danger. And relieved to see offers of assistance come through from across the Pond , Glad it all worked out for you and your family dyna.
There is hope in those countries yet.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

FastFLSTF

Quote from: seattledyna on December 03, 2008, 06:48:13 PM
88, I bet they saw things that they will never forget, and that would include the amazing scenery and wonderful people they met in their travels!

He needs a haircut.  Just sayin'.   :teeth: