May 08, 2024, 10:27:41 PM

News:

Hello from Ks

Started by ksshovelman, December 26, 2009, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksshovelman

I ride a '69 FL.  With snow drifts currently up to my rear, looks like the 'ol gal will be resting for awhile.  Looking forward to reading and contributing here on HTT.

Evo1

Welcome ksshovelman!
Lots of great people here with lots of knowledge to share. Post a pic of your shovel, we would love to see it.

Evo1

specialx1

i think they sell a kit that lets ya put a ski and tracks on that shovel so u can ride in snow  :smiled:nice to have ya here!!
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Danny D

Hello from Kansas here too in Lawrence. A foot of snow and 18" or more in drifts. I just got my bike out of the shop in Wednesday and really want to ride. And to think I moved here from Michigan for better weather.
Danny D

ksshovelman

Thanks for the welcome guys.  Danny, any  old boy from Michigan should have no problem busting through those drifts.  Just add a fairing if ones not on your scoot already-ha!
specialx1, if they have the kit-I'm in! 
Evo1, I'll attempt a pic...  Here goes:

Evo1

Very nice shovel! :up: You're gonna fit in great here, just don't believe a word  that Special says. He's just gonna get you in trouble. :hyst:

ksshovelman

There's always one in the crowd...  Thanks for saving me the time figuring it out. :smile:

specialx1

Hey now i,m the nicest guy in here!!! :smiled:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

Danny D

KSshovel,
Where in Kansas are you?

And how do you post a pic?
Danny D

ksshovelman

Special, surely Evo wouldn't lead a newbie astray :wink:

Danny, I live in the SE part of the state.  Closest "big city" is Chanute.  As for posting pics, I used a host site called photobucket.  It's free.  You just create an account, upload your pics and then copy the bottom address (they give you w/ the pic) and paste it to your reply thread.  There is probably someone here more tech saavy that might have a more simple way or better instructions. 

Danny D

Shovel,
I've been to Chanute 2 or 3 times. I like the downtown there and was supposed to go to the Museum started by an actor and his wife?

ksshovelman

Ah, the Safari Museum.  I went there about 8 years ago.  From what I remember, it was okay.  Not sure if I'd travel 2 hours to see it, but if you were in town, it might be worth the stop.