May 01, 2024, 04:56:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

whats it worth

Started by Superheat9, January 01, 2010, 03:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat9

There is a 1969 HD sporter in pieces for $2500. Any idea's if this is a good deal?

northbrun

honestly. it sounds a little high. there are a number of questions that need to be answered first.
1 is everything there? (or are you gonna get nickled and dimed to death buying cables, levers, etc.

2 what will it cost to reassemble it. (tires, gaskets, hardware, engine/chaise parts, etc.
3 are you gonna have to paint the tins? (depending on what you want for paint this could get pricey)

Personally, I think it would be a fun project, but to me prolly only worth about 2000.

pappyfreebird

no idear bro ..id go wid high too..specially since id sell ya my stock 76 xlch 15200 miles right now fer 2600 cash dallars...has paint dings here n there udda wise ready n runnin...

Superheat9

Thanks

I thought about offering $50 and hauling it off for them. I didn't want to insult the guy, but thats what I felt it was worth. It would be a fun project.

wreck74

If it was AMF then i would say thats to much, but it's not, so it's probley worth it, if it's all there.

BikerJim44

'd offer the guy $1500 cash, take it or leave it. Wish you had posted some pics of what we are trying to assess here for you. Spidey.
You can ride my hoss, Ride my woman but don't ever ride my bike.

heavyhitter

every deal is different but for what it is worth i bought a 72 runner for 1600.00 in October, a very good start. i would go 1500 with a clear title if its all there. mine will take another 1000 or so to make it right, BTW located in new England

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Superheat9

It looks like you did well HT.  Jim not much in pictures, a bare frame. Engine with rear jug missing and the piston just hanging. Add says extra parts but how to be sure. A title and matching #s would be a good start.

Any idea on what a restored 69 would be worth?

heavyhitter

Thanks super.  This market very fickle as i am sure you know, between the glut of scoots for sale and the lack of cash spending money in the system.  I am guesssing it could bring in the range of $4500 - $5,000 if it was done well. But these are crazy days, so who knows could do more, could sit for a long while. I am in new England and seeing scoots sell at 1980's prices( those that do sell).
I would not go after it for resale at this time, I would only dig into the project for my own use and run the thing.    enjoy

amf 71flh

wreck74,

I thought AMF bought Harley in 1969? Lots of money went into the factorys back then with lots of improvements to the machines. Ever owned a 1982 Ironhead?