Anyone in Alberta Canada need a dog? From another Forum that I am on.

Started by NETacomaFatboy, November 27, 2008, 01:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NETacomaFatboy

Anyone want a nice dog?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total shot in the dark, but I decided to post here in addition to other avenues as I know this forum is frequented by a number of western Canadians.

A little over a week ago I discovered a dog that was living a couple of kilometers from my place in a ravine. He was very skittish and nervous of me. Since then I have been bringing him food and water a couple times a day, and he has warmed up considerably. He now barks and runs towards me when he sees me, but still won't let me touch him. I know he is the type of dog that would be very friendly and loving after some human contact, but is still a little nervous after been alone for some time. I have contacted the local humane societies, municipalities, and various media outlets to see if he has been reported lost. Despite having a collar and remnants of a leash, no one has reported a dog of his type being lost. I have posted his picture to see if anyone claims him or can offer him a home, but no luck so far. So far it's been relatively warm in my area, but the cold weather will come. It breaks my heart to think of him being cold and uncared for.

If anyone wants him once I catch him, please let me know. As stated previously earlier, he will be a wonderful guy once he has a little human contact. He is male, unfixed, and barely an adult. Once I catch him I will have him neutered and all applicable shots administered. I will pay at my expense to relocate him if necessary.

So if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks everyone.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b107/teranfon/P1010421.jpg

truck

That's mighty nice of you! :up:
I can't have another dog....it hurts too bad when they die.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

NETacomaFatboy

yup!   I know the feeling.  The one and only pet I had was a kitten we got at 6 months.  She lived till she was 16 and it hurt big time when she went.  Since then, I have been afraid to get another cat.

Thanks for letting me post this on a bike forum.  I just thought it was a worth a shot to post here and maybe someone here would want this guy.

truck

You never know. With over 4000 people reading here you just might find him a home.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Sonny S.

Quote from: trück on November 27, 2008, 01:36:26 PM
That's mighty nice of you! :up:
I can't have another dog....it hurts too bad when they die.

OMG... ain't that the truth !   I've got 2 that are getting old and just the thought.... :cry:

Tacoma, you're a good man    :up:

geezerglide

Tacoma,

Are you in the West Calgary area. I saw a dog just like that with a collar skulking around the Westhills, Signal area about a week or so ago. He looked lost by the time I got shoes on he had disappeared. When I got to the vets next to petland I told of what I thought was a lost dog and they said they would pass it on.

I would take you up on your offer, however we have three dogs now, a Bouvier Bernese Mountain Mountain Dog cross, a Basset Hound and Short Haired Dachshund cross.

Sorry I can not take him he looks like a neat dog, must be smart to outwit the coyotes that are out in force looking for a meal before winter.

geezerglide

madskillsjc

What a beautiful dog, I have owned three Huskies, they are great escape artist, I'd take him in a heart beat if I was in the area but with that broken leash someone is missing a dog, I am sure if you shot some vid and told the story to the local tv they might put a quick blurb on if you explain to them as you have us, they always need a feel good story to soften all the negative crap they air.

And damn you guys are right, it hurts my last Husky was 16 and I had to put her down last year, still makes me sad. I hope you continue to provide for it until someone claims her/him as it is beautiful animal and you will see when it trust you enough and you're able feel that soft fur, yeah yeah I know gettin all soft hear, but I love those dogs and they are so smart and loving that you just can't imagine unless you've owned one. 

RainDodger

That one looks like a pure Malamute. Someone is missing a valuable dog. I can't believe they didn't report it. With that leash attached, you might also check missing persons.... maybe that's why the dog is staying there and won't leave. Might be someone there. Just a thought... not a nice one, but it could be.

NETacomaFatboy

oops!   I forgot to update.  It is not me that found the dog but someone from another forum.

he is still trying to get the dog and is feeding him daily.  He managed to get the dog to take a hot dog off his hand but that is as close as it gets.  He is still weary.

there is an offer to take the dog from a guy in NY.  Not sure how they will ship the dog but the guy that wants it has offered to pay all Vet bills and shipping.

will inform you if any change.

NETacomaFatboy

Posted today....  here is an update.

Hi everyone

I know a few people are interested in the ongoing saga of Dog (now named "Kona" by my friend Emily), so I thought I would post an update.

Kona is still on the loose. I haven't been able to coax him into letting me touch him. He is still very friendly and responsive when he sees me, but still unsure of human contact. I crouch down as I fill his dish, waiting for him to come up to me. If I look away he comes up, gently takes the bowl in his mouth, trots off a few feet, carefully places the bowl down and begins to eat. What the hell is up with that? No one accepts responsibility to help me rescue him. Both the county and the city point fingers at one another, telling me the other has the responsibility. Meanwhile it becomes colder, and I'm sure Kona realizes this as well. This weekend we are to have lows of -31. Pisses me off. One bylaw officer however, is understanding of the need to rescue the dog. Although not officially in his jurisdiction, he was kind enough to lend me a large animal trap.

So...............here goes. Hopefully I can trap him within the next few days.

Thanks to everyone who expresses a concern about Kona, whether privately or in this post.

Today.