May 05, 2024, 01:26:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

95 Winter Build

Started by deuce 06, November 27, 2008, 03:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deuce 06

November 27, 2008, 03:02:45 PM Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:07:56 PM by deuce 06
I'm doing a 95 build on on my 06 Deuce it stock with SE 204 cams dyno at 97 tq and 88 hp
It should have around 10.70 static and 9.5 corrected, 78 cc heads with 4.6 cc pistons   any suggestion or thoughts

SE MRC heads  R&R porting
Woods Tw-8
CP Pistons
SE Roller Rocker
SE Heavy Breather
SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Clutch Spring
02 Flywheel Balanced,Trued, Pined, Welded with Timken Bearings
06 DEUCE
95 CI SE HEADS WITH R&R PORT
R&R 615 CAMS W/ CAM PLATE CP PISTONS

ejk_dyna

Do you already have the SE MCR heads??  If not just have your stockers ported.

If you want R&R to port your heads then go with their matched cam R&R615.

If you want to run the Woods TW8 (love that cam) then think about Baisely or Hillside to do your porting.

GoFast.....

Quote from: ejk_dyna on November 27, 2008, 04:10:27 PM
Do you already have the SE MCR heads??  If not just have your stockers ported.

If you want R&R to port your heads then go with their matched cam R&R615.

If you want to run the Woods TW8 (love that cam) then think about Baisely or Hillside to do your porting.
Can you explain what these two would do diffrent than R&R with the heads.
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

deuce 06

What are the R&R cam spec. for 615  heads are at R&R being ported, should be finished today
06 DEUCE

ejk_dyna

<<Can you explain what these two would do diffrent than R&R with the heads. >>

R&R has done hundreds and hundreds of hours of dyno and flow testing on their products and has developed the R&R 615 cam as the ideal match to their heads.  The timing and lift of the 615 cam is much different than the tw-8.  If I am going to have R&R port my heads then I would want to use their cam and take advantage of all that institutional knowledge.

The intake and exhaust flow % would be different for sure with heads ported to max performance for either cam.  Nice thing about single pattern Woods cams is they still work well in most applications.

I know someone who used R&R cast heads with tw-8 and it was real strong.  But he switched to 615 just to try it...and it was even stronger.

<<What are the R&R cam spec. for 615  heads are at R&R being ported, should be finished today>>

The 615 is a mid range cam for a 95" in the same family as the tw-8.  It was developed off of the s&s585 but has more intake lift (.615).  Quite a bit more exhaust duration than the tw8.

Deye76

Specs for the R&R .615

20/47 .615 Intake 198 @ TDC
59/21 .585 Exhaust 181 @ TDC
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

deuce 06

Thanks for the good info. I'll have to call Art and discuss this with him, but I hope it will perform well
06 DEUCE

ejk_dyna

<<Specs for the R&R .615

20/47 .615 Intake 198 @ TDC
59/21 .585 Exhaust 181 @ TDC>>

Duration is 247 intake, 260 exhaust.  That is the big difference vs the tw8.  Intake events are almost identical but exhaust is significantly different.

<<Thanks for the good info. I'll have to call Art and discuss this with him, but I hope it will perform well>>

Don't worry.  The single pattern specs of the Woods cams make them very versatile.  If you already have them they will be fine.  Also R&R is probably capable of modifying their porting to better suit the tw8 if they knew you were going to use it....whether they actually do that is the question.

deuce 06

Talk to Art at R&R Cycles and I will be going to the R&R 615 instead of the TW8, Has anyone else run 615 on a 95 and what were the results.  Thanks
06 DEUCE

Hillside Motorcycle

Have seen others use this set-up, and seem to be pleased.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"