May 02, 2024, 02:20:55 AM

News:

ez bob tank on 65

Started by cajun1957a, January 09, 2010, 05:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajun1957a

Can someone tell me if a gas tank for a 95 sportster will work on a 65 ironhead without welding mounts to the frame.  I am looking at purchacing an ez bob tank (with dash) for  my 65.  A company called jereh cycles has them but they are for a sportster 1995 and up.  I was wondering if it can be done without to much of a problem.  I can fabricate mounts,  but I dont want to be welding anything to the backbone.  I just painted the frame.

There are lots of tanks for newer style bikes but not that many  for mine. Vtwin has them but not in my area and it will take several weeks to get one through them.  Im in Southwestern Ontario east of Windsor.  Unless someone has one new or used that will work.  Id be interested in buying it.

thanks

randy

Pynzo

You're better off waiting for the tank built for your year sporty. Try MAS Classics- he drop ships from VTwin and may be able to get it sooner than you think.

https://www.masclassics.com/vtwin/0945.php

Lew

I've had good luck with Mas Classics and recommend them.  Keep in mind you will most likely need to use a seat for that style tank.  A seat for the standard sporty tank won't work.  Good luck!

Lew 
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

cajun1957a

I have a solo springer seat on it so Im thinking that shouldnt be any trouble.

Lew

The solo seat won't be a problem.  The shape and length of the forward part of a standard sporty seat would be an issue with the sport bob tank, but a solo will work just fine.  Good luck!

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-