Long legged guys.... what touring seat are you using. LOL.

Started by bouncingVman, November 28, 2008, 08:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncingVman

I've been blessed with a 36" inseam. LOL. So... I tend to ride alot with my feet up on the highway pegs and my legs stretched out. This usually has me sitting high up on the very rear part of the driver's seat where the passenger and driver seat come together. The seat I have now is a HD touring seat... and for the most part does alright... but I figure some other long legged galloot (like me) has already thought of a better solution.

What are some touring seats out there that work well for long legs ? Any ideas ?

Todd

:sswim:

"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

ULTRADOG

HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

classicaper

I also have a 36" inseam and have been using a corbin for the last 40,000kms on a 2003 road king.

SCOOTERMAN

Harley tall boy seat, moves you up & back about 1 to 2 inches

ElPaso 52

Ron
56FL

crazy joe

36 here too I have a Mustang and do 2000 mi trips there and back plus riding in town
and I'm happy with the seat.

HDDOC

2019 Tri Glide

alanm2002

Corbin add a backrest and you will think your sitting in your lazy boy.

druzac

Baggerlady

Well, I'm not a guy, but I do have a 36" inseam. I got a Sundowner for the EVO, and then put it on the 03 when I bought it. Another 60,000 miles later, the stitching was coming apart, and it needed to be fixed. I had thought about geting a new seat, but Hubby knew a guy in our area that did seats, so I called him. I thought he would just re-cover it, but he ended up re-building the seat. I spent most of the day with him, and he had me sit on the seat as he re-built it. He made it fit me and the bike, and I am very comfortable in it. It was about 500.00 but I could have spent that or more for a mass market one. I consider it money well spent! You might check in your area to see if you can do the same. :rose:

Big_Bulky_RK

Michigan,    Pot Hole Capital of the US

DenverBagger

Candubrain

6'4" with a 36" inseam on a 97 bagger.  Had a Corbin for 2 years, my butt couldn't take it, great for 2hrs or less, but all day rides or road trips were killers. javascript:void(0); Then tried the Tall Boy, because of the design the seat pushed or you slid forward,  I alway found myself repositioning, it was okay, but because of the thick padding, and you sunk into it, lets just say Monkey Butt. 

I've had a Saddleman Road Sofa for 2 yrs,  my longer day was 14hrs, and did over 4,000 miles in 9 days, never a problem.  I went for the velour covering, it breathes, no Monkey Butt.  They will also custom size it.

bouncingVman

Btw- Thanks for the replies so far. Keep them coming. -Todd
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

MikeL

6'1 34in inseam. I have the Mustang Regal Touring seat with the back rest. Turned my 2000RKC from a 60mile I need to get off now to I wish I had 2 more gallons of gas.

MIKE

Skullfork

I'm real happy with the Sundowner ...I'm 6'4" and had one my EGC, and now on my SG.

randallwhitman

If you want a really amazing touring seat that will be built for YOU, take a look at Russell Day Long Saddles.  They look a little funky, but they are really fantastic.  I'm six feet and got a Corbin for my Street Glide......rode 600 miles to Sturgis last summer and the Corbin sucked.  I had a Russell about twenty years ago on an Evo dresser, so I'm having them build me a seat on the stock HD seat pan.  When I get it, the Corbin will go on ebay.  Randy   :wink:
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

egstandard

Stock Roadglide seat works great for me also. Can usually find them for under $100.

~JC~

Another vote for the sundowner.

I have a brand new Mustang tourer with 100m on it. It's catching dust. I hated being raised 1", and it's not as comfortable.

Never could get myself to buy a Corbin. They're like bricks. They would probably be OK, if they fit you perfectly, but if you have a pressure spot, lookout. ~JC~
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

Big Steve 63

6'6" and 37" inseam here.  i bought a Mustang on a buddies advice for my '98 bagger.  It seemed to me as if it lifted me up and moved me forward, my knee's would ache after a couple hundred miles.  Bought a Corbin, never looked back!

gtmalone

Corbin Dual tour and backrest.  6' 2" and 34" inseam. This is on a Softail.  Just about perfect for me. Use the hiway pegs mostly just for a stretch. Feet are on the floorboards most of the time.
2002 Heritage Springer - "Ruby"
95ci - 44mm carb - Andrews 21N cams

crazy joe

Quote from: ~JC~ on November 29, 2008, 09:39:04 AM
Another vote for the sundowner.

I have a brand new Mustang tourer with 100m on it. It's catching dust. I hated being raised 1", and it's not as comfortable.

Never could get myself to buy a Corbin. They're like bricks. They would probably be OK, if they fit you perfectly, but if you have a pressure spot, lookout. ~JC~
MMmmmm looking for another Mustang for my 98 RK : )

Old Crow

6'2" 34" inseam.
Flat out the most comfortable seat ever made for a touring bike is the Harley police air bladder solo seat.
Mustang even makes a matching passenger seat if you gotta have one of those.
Had a Mustang sport touring seat on the bike when I bought it and it was OK, just OK. 
The air seat, in addition also raises you a couple of inches.  Made my bike easily twice as comfortable on a long day.
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

04glide

The Mustang wide solo with passinger pillion will set you back about 2" and down about an inch. Im 6'2" and love it. The longest day in the saddle was 750+ miles and I was ready for more. I have been running it for 50,000 miles and will never own any other seat.

Princess Butt

I'm 6' 4", and I'm using the Tallboy on the Roadking (commuter bike) and the Air Zepellin on the 2006 Ultra.

I've found the biggest problem with lower seats is sliding back and hitting my tailbone. That usually hurts after a few hours or so.

The Air Zepellin is not for the short of inseam. They don't say so in the catalog, but it will raise you up an inch or so, and it's wider, too.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.