May 04, 2024, 09:41:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

LATE MODEL STEREO IN A 2000 FLHTC ??

Started by mountain man, November 28, 2008, 03:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountain man

CAN THE LATE MODEL HARMON K STEREO BE USED IN A 2000 ELECTRA GLIDE ???? THANKS STEVE

eglideic

Well I'm sure most people would just say NO.
But if you got the money and are determined, I would study the parts manuals for both your bike and a late style model dresser and see which of the involved parts are the same and which have to be swapped out or adapted.
I.E. the inner fairing and mounts which holds the radio, the wiring harness that possibly could be customzed, antennas, speakers, ect..
It could probably be done, but it just could be very costly.   

HDDOC

They will work on an 04 up but have not tried it on earlier bikes. You lose the AVC.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide

waskier01

I have an HK in my '03 Ultra and another in my brothers' '02 Ultra.  Neither have working AVC, but both use 2 ohm speakers and MP3 cd's with 130+ songs per cd.

mountain man

Thanks for posting the harmon went in on the 02 with no mods ?

crazy joe

retyddone

auto volume control. as you speed up the the volume goes up.
Hope this helps
Tuna
Tuna
When you turn on your bike
Does it return the favor

waskier01

I thought I might have to de-pin the AVC pin location on the fairing wiring harness, but somebody else on this board had just plugged theirs in and it worked fine.  My works as well.  I can deal with manually working my AVC.

mountain man

Waskier, did the HK stereo plug in and bolt in without any mods??

bighog

The AVC on my 03 has never seemed to work. What's the secret to setting this thing up?