April 27, 2024, 06:57:16 PM

News:

Hello

Started by 04customking, January 15, 2010, 12:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speeding Big Twin

Here are some photos from the book I mentioned and all three bikes appear to be 1954 models. Notice the first one is missing the front fender medallion and appears to have a chrome outer primary.     Eric

Photo: Orlando, Florida, Police Archives

Photo: Bob Hale collection

Photo: Dearborn Historical Society

CraigArizona85248

Interesting photos.  They also show the rocker covers only having 6 screws.  Any yes, the original posted photos show a plumber intake.  I had missed the large as life detail.  I wasn't aware that any '54 heads had the 6 screw covers.  But the plumber intake sure makes them appear to be '54.

-Craig

Pzokes

I'm tempted to try to move into Craig's garage.  It's really cold in southern backwoods GA this week, with daytime temps in the 50's....And all you people are home.  I'm on a construction site 3 hours away from home.  The way people meet women in this small town is to go to the GED class and pick up a 21 year old with 6 kids and a few teeth.  Good thing I'm not looking that hard for another women
There's miles to go before I sleep.

CraigArizona85248

LOL... it's been pretty damp here all week.  BIG rain storm moving in from SoCal tonight.  Supposed to get rain until early Saturday morning.  They are predicting 4" in some areas (that's almost a full years rain in 2 days).  2'-4' of snow above 7,000'.

-Craig

Pynzo

Sounds like a serious chace of flooding. Do you live near any Washes?

Pzokes

January 21, 2010, 03:14:19 AM #30 Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:24:36 AM by Pzokes
We had some bad rains up in Atlanta, GA a few weeks ago, with some areas getting 4+ inches and heavy flooding.  A lot of people's homes got flooded.  Good luck. 

My home is just outside Atlanta, but I'm up high on a granite hill.  During and after the heavy rains, the river at the bottom of the hill was dark yellow, from all the Georgia clay being washed down it.

CraigArizona85248

January 21, 2010, 10:35:04 AM #31 Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:41:24 AM by CraigArizona85248
No washes near me.  I'm sure they are running hard today though.  It rained hard a good part of the night and has been steady but lighter all day to this point.  Looks like we are going to have rain through Saturday now (storm is moving slower then originally predicted).

Here is current weather for California and Arizona...

And I just took this picture of the greenbelt behind my house.  You can see the high water line where all the leaves and crap is in the grass.  That high mark was early this morning around sun up.  I've seen the water go over the sidewalk in previous storms.  The house is about 4' higher so no real danger.

I lucked out today.  Didn't have to ride in this stuff.  It's "performance review" time of year and I'm working from home writting about half a dozen reviews.  I'll be putting on the rain gear tomorrow though... or maybe I'll get a ride in with my wife.  She only works 1 mile down the road from me.  I'll have to adjust my schedule though.

-Craig

Little Al

Craig, any complaining you might do about the weather by you is falling on deaf ears, lol Most of us would trade with you in a second.

Eric, thanks for the pics, at least now I have some of the other side too. You're always a good source for stuff like this, you must be retired or passionate about research!

Pzokes, sorry bro about your prospects. my OL has all her teeth & I even think their real, lol

to all of you that wished me luck, the surgery seems to have gone well. 20 of the 60 or so stitches coming out Tuesday (the rest are permanent & internal) and hopefully I'll be up and about soon. In the meantime I need another nap & maybe I'll dream about living in year round warm weather...
Little Al

Pynzo

Al- Hope you get better soon! Craig may have nice weather during the winter, but you'ld hate the summers. My first ride down to Phoenix from Flagstaff left me feeling like a raisin!

Speeding Big Twin

Good to hear the surgery went okay, Al. I’m still working but only part-time and casual jobs in recent years so I’ve been able to do a lot of Harley research. Weather’s great here in Western Australia at the moment and I went on an overnight run with some mates last weekend. Not on the Panhead though as the Evo is my main road bike these days.     Eric

Pzokes

AL,
Good to hear that your surgery went OK.  I know what you're going through.  I got run over by a woman in a Buick a few years ago and it took some time to recover.

Brrrap

Me too Al, glad to hear it all went as well as can be expected. I'll still hope for you to heal well. Hang in there, Springs gonna come.
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

04customking

Mend well Bud. It was a good time of year to get fixed up. Glad to hear it went well. Do as the Dr's. tell you.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom