April 27, 2024, 10:25:13 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

I need a generator

Started by barhopper, November 28, 2008, 06:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barhopper

Anybody know where the cheapest price is for a Cycle Electric generator?
I'm going to be running the model DGV-5000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CraigArizona85248

Here is one for $362.95... http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/Cycle-Electric-12V-GEN-W-REG-XL58-84-FL-58-69-58-8-p/tr49-8342.htm

I found one here for $347.95 if you can use the DGV5000L model.  http://www.mawonline.com/newsite/MFGNOD.HTM
The "L" designates a low output regulator.  Works great for the small kickstart-only batteries.  Won't cook the small battery the way the DGV5000 will.

-Craig

Mule

Jireh cycles has the best price by far on the cycle electric , free shipping also. I think I paid around 250.00 ...Mule...

CraigArizona85248

Mule,

Have you purchased that generator so you know it's a CE?  They don't say who the maker is in the description or give a CE part number.  Sure lookes like a DGV5000 from the photo but that price makes me suspicious.  If that really is a CE, I'm gonna jump on it and buy one.  I have >52K miles on my CE and I'm wondering how much longer it can keep going in the extreme heat we have here during the summer.

-Craig

barhopper

November 30, 2008, 06:37:18 AM #4 Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 06:39:23 AM by barhopper
Craig, I found this one at the same website you gave for $316.95. http://www.mawonline.com/cycle_el.htm
thats screwed up same site two different prices

Mule, let us know if you are sure thats a CE, that a hell of a price!

Mule

Yes I bought one for my 58 FLH, The gal at Jireh cycles ,when I asked what brand it was ,Called it a USA made brand. I took a chance and what came shipped was a GVD-5000 cycle electric. Jireh part # 70-148, price in catalog is 244.95 and with Jireh shipping is free when you spend over 100 dollars... I posted this info on the old board when I was having genny troubles. My 58 started out with a new CCI generator with their end cap electronic regulator, it lasted about one month longer than the warranty!.. I coupled the GVD-5000 with a correct 7amp  AGM battery from Great Plains Cycle that fits in a stock oil bag, never a  problem since. A lot of people Don't like Jireh Cycles, I have had good luck buying parts from them.  I highly recommend the battery from Great Plains cycle...Good luck...Mule...

Mule

PIC... Mule...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

barhopper

Mule, thanks for the info. I'll be ordering mine today. :smiled:

53Pan66shovel

i ended up buying a cycle electric one with built in REG was totally worth the money paid 350 ..53PAN

Mule

The GVD-5000 is the one with the built on regulator...Mule...

PanHeadRed

barhopper, care to sell the stocker?

barhopper

No stocker, putting together a basket case and generator was not present sorry.

PanHeadRed

barhopper, thanks for the reply, can we get some details on the basket?