May 02, 2024, 02:56:46 AM

News:

softail frame frontend degrees?

Started by hbkeith, November 29, 2008, 03:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbkeith

still in search of frontend for a 86 FXSTC, alot of triple trees will fit but alot of differant models have differant degree frames or trees.cant find any frame degree in my manual,i think its 38?,anyone know were to find degree chart for all harleys? keep the trail correct

stroker800

I believe it is 32 degrees ,,,,to find out info for front ends and rake&trail....www.customtripletrees.com   
  Dave

shovelbill

stroker is right, 32*. personally, i wouldn't get any raked trees for it, over 40* you might want to play with the trail. pretty sure a softail wideglide is 2 over an fl wigeglide.
hope this helps.....bill
build it, bust it.....figure out why

hbkeith

is there any difference in the FX or FL softail triple trees besides the mounts for tins?

Evo160K

hbkeith,
This may be more detail than you're asking for, or maybe you already know, the fx triple trees put the fork tubes ahead of the head tube (camber) while the fl trees put them behind the head tub (caster).  With the fx, if you let go of the handlebars, they'll flop to the side, with the fl they'll center themself.

hbkeith

i think your talking about FLHT, i mean FLST

stroker800

Also beware on HD springers,,,,standard springer softail has a 0 degree rake on the trees ....However the Heitage springer is -3 degree....I have converted the -3 heritage to 0 deree for my own bike....my frame is 35 degree rake with a stock length springer, dropped rear suspension,,,,,very low ...drags pipes and kickstand.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

jsachs1

Stock softail frames have a 30 degree neck angle.
The FXST models use a factory plus 2-1/2 degree tree.
FL models use a 0 degree tree.
John

shovelbill

build it, bust it.....figure out why