April 27, 2024, 08:53:28 AM

News:

1990 Fatboy mufflers

Started by fatboyharris, November 02, 2008, 04:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboyharris

Hi,

I have an immaculate '90 'gray ghost' Fatboy with 14k miles stage one, dynatek ignition and screaming eagle tapered pipes. I've been steadily improving the riding dynamics with progressive front and rear springs, handlebar weights and floating front disc and multi piston caliper, basically the way it should have left the factory from new.

I like the shotgun pipes, but my mechanic noticed a rattle from one of the screaming eagle mufflers, a loose baffle meaning they are probably on their way out.

I live in the UK and as yet I can't find a replacement muffler, most available are for post '95. I don't want to lose the shotgun look and I'm not over found of loud pipes as the attract too much police attention.

Does anyone know the original screaming eagle muffler part numbers and which other models they fitted, so I can keep an eye on eBay or suggest a reasonably priced replacements, still keeping the 'shotgun' look.

Many thanks in advance
regards
John

Trip

A Cycle Shack baffle will fit...

baldoldfxr

Try Riverside in putney they have all sorts of bits , Its worth going there if you can rather than phoning.

lionsm13

November 02, 2008, 10:19:53 AM #3 Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:42:50 AM by lionsm13
I would say take out the baffles, and put in your own baffles, or better yet,
Thundermonster baffles,  http://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/testimonials.html or the equilvent,of which will accomplish 2 if not 3 things.
1. You'll get to keep the original pipes that you favor.
2. By purchasing and installing the Thundermonster baffles you will be getting an increase in power, and the sound is awesome, not loud until you get on the throtle.
3. You'll be saving money

brick1

millerscustomparts.us has SE parts, stock parts and aftermarket parts for my 91.

i would bet they have your baffles ready to ship....

bill