April 27, 2024, 08:39:30 PM

News:

02 Sensor conversion??

Started by sw8tstr8t06, January 22, 2010, 03:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sw8tstr8t06

Thinking of adding 02 sensors to my '06 Streetglide and converting my SERT to a TTS for $100.00 to take advantage of the VTUNE feature. Has anyone converted there ECM to use 02 sensors? I understand the ECM will also need to be recalibrated. Thanks....

MJ

nc-renegade

Yes, I've done my bike '05 and a friends '06.  There are threads in the AFR & Tuning section.

Here's a link:  http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,21240.0.html
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

genedjr

I added o2 sensors when I moved to thundermax.  Fairly easy to do and the exhaust mods are simple.  See my thread in the tuning section.
...gene
03 FLHRCI 'The King'
SE A/C
SE Slipon Mufflers T-MAX w/Auto

glens

He's talking about using the stock Delphi ECM, basically updating the system to go closed loop.

I've not done it but wouldn't hesitate if I were in the situation it was an option.  It's a great peace of mind to have the closed-loop system keeping things real sweet.

Steve Cole

You can find the instructions in our Tuning Guide on page 82. Also I believe Herko here on the site has a conversion kit with all the parts you would need.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

sw8tstr8t06

Quote from: nc-renegade on January 22, 2010, 05:33:30 PM
Yes, I've done my bike '05 and a friends '06.  There are threads in the AFR & Tuning section.

Here's a link:  http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,21240.0.html

This is a great thread!! Thanks to for all the info.

MJ

sw8tstr8t06

Quote from: Steve Cole on January 23, 2010, 10:04:12 AM
You can find the instructions in our Tuning Guide on page 82. Also I believe Herko here on the site has a conversion kit with all the parts you would need.

Steve
I'll check with Herko to see if he has kit with parts. Thanks..

MJ

waskier01

I've been running an '06 SG converted to Closed Loop for a couple of years. My SERT worked great, but I wanted TTS. I've never regretted it even for a minute.