April 30, 2024, 11:50:16 AM

News:

Picked up the New Motor 2day

Started by gOOseman, November 29, 2008, 11:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gOOseman

gOOseman
I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a lOOk...

HV

That SOB looks FINE  :up:  bet you cant waite to fire that up
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Panzer

MMMMMMM.......an S&S.
Looks mighty fine.
I bet you can almost hear her purring now.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

gOOseman

Quote from: HV® on November 29, 2008, 11:17:32 AM
That SOB looks FINE  :up:  bet you cant waite to fire that up

Yeah....just can't seem to quit smiling ;D

gOOseman
gOOseman

wayzalot

What type of ride are you puting this in?  Merry Chistmas :up:  Would like to see this project progress.
"My life is based on a true story"

gOOseman

Quote from: wayzalot on November 29, 2008, 11:41:00 AM
What type of ride are you puting this in?  Merry Chistmas :up:  Would like to see this project progress.
Putting it in a Sportster/Buell (Buellster) Drag Bike Project.

gOOseman
gOOseman

Dennis The Menace

would look better in my RG...lol

nice Goose!

menace

Sonny S.

you suck !!   :wink:

can ya tell I'm jealous ?

Reddog74usa

Man that thing looks fast just sitting there. Very nice :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Clintster

Details ? Bore and stroke, valve sizes, what cam are you running.  TR will be celebrating some Christmas spirit too, I'll bet.  Lucky dog...
Drive fast, take chances

Billy

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET :up: :up:

I recognize that shop. :smiled:
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

neale

Merry Christmas Gooseman......I too think you suck!!!........... just out of curiosity, what does something like that cost.

gOOseman

Neale....I'm still in shock after writing the check......after a few more support group meetings maybe I can talk about it in a public forum...  :cry:......just kidding........but not cheap....... some of the justification is basically the only thing that was used from the original motor was the cases which were reinforced/ highly modified ie scrapers,etc. New S&S heads which were extensively "reworked", Axtell cylinders, Wiseco 30 deg pistons, blended manifold,Zippers pro flow oil pump, Baisley rockers, Super D with 2 Thunderjets, S&S Flywheel assembly, custom fit pushrods, billet PR bases, 729 lift cams indexed, and some various specialty machine work. Hoping for some good numbers out of it.

gOOseman
gOOseman

randallwhitman

Soooooooooo.......how many damn cubes, please?????     :teeth:   Randy
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

someday69

someday69

Will you run it anywhere near the west coast???

rigidthumper

Quote from: randallwhitman on November 29, 2008, 06:59:55 PM
Soooooooooo.......how many damn cubes, please?????     :teeth:   Randy
Based on the plate on the side of the chassis, I'd say it's no bigger than 98".
The rules ( from the AHDRA website)
H.S. CLASS
[HOT STREET]
Designation: "HS" followed by bike number.

Reserved for V-Twin cylinder configuration motorcycles. Motorcycle must be ridden under its own power to staging, starting line and back to the pit area after completion of the run (no towing allowed). This is a heads up, .400-second, Pro tree class. Combined weight of motorcycle and rider must equal at least 8 pounds per cubic inch at the conclusion of all runs.

Requirements and Specifications

1. ENGINE

Engine: Only push-rod, air-cooled, 45-degree V-Twin cylinder engines are allowed. Maximum displacement is limited to 98 cu.i . Engine case and cylinder heads must be stock or stock appearing aftermarket castings. No raised port heads allowed. Intake port, exhaust port and stud locations will be verified against templates based on dimensions and angles of the Buell XB9 and the Harley-Davidson Screamin' Eagle "HTCC" cylinder heads. Only one (1) sparkplug is allowed for each cylinder. Internal modifications are legal. Valves are limited to two (2) per head. Compression releases are not allowed. A single oil return line may be added to each cylinder head and routed directly to the crankcase. Engine must maintain steel crankshaft and rods. Cylinders must be stock appearing. All engines must be naturally aspirated and all air and fuel must be delivered through a single, float type carburetor and a one-piece split runner manifold or through a Harley-Davidson factory installed EFI unit (no physical modifications are allowed to the EFI system). No portion of the intake or exhaust manifold may extend past the mounting/sealing surface of the cylinder head. No fuel pumps are allowed. Must be approved by Tech Inspector. Crankcase and all tanks containing fluids must have vent tubes routed to catch can or have a non-spill breather system on motorcycle. Active crankcase evacuation systems are not allowed.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

gOOseman

Rigidthumper just bout summed it up..................

gOOseman
gOOseman

Flat Dog

quikbike

I hate snow

randallwhitman

Gawd.....I think I'd want it on my coffee table, it's so damn purty.    :up:
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

HDRDR