April 30, 2024, 09:54:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Evel Knevil

Started by RKC03, November 29, 2008, 03:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

I was thinking that of all the people associated with motorcycling, anyone with any age on them would have to know Evel Knevil....anybody know of anyone that embodies motorcycling as he did?  Who today would be known to most all in the motorcycling world? Peter Fonda? Bubba Blackwell? Jay Leno with his collection (jet-powered m/c included).   I would probably have to say my guess would be Willie G.   any objections?
                                                        RKC03
RKC03

Sonny S.

OneShot

I loved it when Evel wiped out!!!   Here's why....
I grew up in NW Montana, I was about 5 or 6 when my dad took me to our family in Butte for a while, my uncle was a damn fine mason that did work on Evels property.  Evel came to my uncles house, I still remember how awestruck I was of this guy, then my uncle was screaming at him wanting his money or just going to give him an ass whoopin ( he grew up in Walkersvillle as a kid in Butte, tough Butte ghetto) anyway here I was just wanting an autograph or just say hi, shake his hand whatever, He turned looked at me and told me to "scram kid" well ever since then I would just hope and pray for one more broke bone!!
He is sure was a tough sob though!!
My uncle got the money.