April 28, 2024, 06:47:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Wheel cylinder cross over to automotive

Started by Mule, February 06, 2010, 04:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mule

:hyst: I have always heard that you could put a wheel cylinder off a car on your Juice brake Pan. I asked around and was told ,ford, chevy etc but no one knew for sure or had any part numbers. Well today I had my wheel off before final assembly and I figured I better give the brakes some attention. Wheel cylinder was not that bad , but had some rust and a little crud. I had a  1" kit but could not find it. So I started checking the archives, some mentioned ford , chevy and one mentioned Jeep. I took my cylinder and compared it to ones on Ebay for sale.  It is a Willy's CJ 1941-1953 That fits the 58-62 Pans. The part number is Raybestos WC 7379  or NAPA UP 7379 .I bought one a my local parts store and it is an exact replacement. Cost was 24.50 lifetime warranty. I did find my kit and rebuilt the one that came off for a back up. Just thought it should wind up in the archives...Mule...

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

mark61

Only a few different models made back then. Wagner cylinders were used on many many applications. hardest part is finding one that has the threads pointing in the direction you want.

mark61