May 04, 2024, 08:37:23 PM

News:

O7 Touring Supertrapp Supermeg users...

Started by Blackbaggr, November 30, 2008, 04:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbaggr

I'd like some feed back. The 07 (and later models) of the D&D Fat Cats stick out more than previous years due to the transmission housing...I think. Anyway...a few people have mentioned burning thenselves or gear due to this. Was wondering if this will be an inherent problem with most 2-1 designs or is it specific to the FC. I like both pipes but was origionally leaning toward the FC. I have time to think...

Thanks in advance...

Bill

Sonny S.

Bill,

As you know I have an 01 FLHTCUI. I am running an 07-08 SuperTrapp SuperMeg because it has daul 02 sensor bungs. The pipe itself is the same. The position to the motor, chassis, and rider is the same. The difference is in the trans mounting bracket.
I like the ST and can't see myself ever running a different pipe on a dresser.
I have rode bikes with the D&D FC and never felt like I was going to burn myself. I don't ride in shorts either.

Sonny

Blackbaggr

Thanks Sonny. The feedback I'm getting is that the D&D on the 07/08s does stick out more so that the ST. I've received this from several sources...one on this forum through a PM. Like I sai, I'm not in a rush, but I wanna make a choice I'll be happy with for a long time. I like both pipes.

I'll keep ya posted on the TTS. Hoping it comes today so I can start reading up on it !  :rtfb:

dadawg

is the supertrapp a good performance pipe on a touring bike ? ive heard its pretty quiet which is good for listening to the radio but not always good for performance.
2007 eglide classic
pc3/k&n 3910 filter/modified rush slipons from fuelmotousa

Sonny S.

Quote from: dadawg on December 01, 2008, 01:41:56 PM
is the supertrapp a good performance pipe on a touring bike ? ive heard its pretty quiet which is good for listening to the radio but not always good for performance.

A properly tuned bike would perform well with a SuperMeg

Scramjet

I believe both pipes will perform very well when tuned.  I also believe that the FC sticks out further from the engine than the ST (but I don't have specific information).

ST is quieter.  FC is loud.  Listen to both before making your decision.  As you know, I have melted the inside right leg of my RoadGear riding pants.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ