April 27, 2024, 02:52:29 AM

News:

.drf files

Started by jrussell, February 12, 2010, 08:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrussell

Is there a simple program out there to open .drf files from DynoJet runs?
I have a $hit load of of data my tuner put on a flashdrive that I'd like to look at, but have no program to open them...
2019 FLHTHSE CVO Woods 22x FulSac Exhaust

TXChop

On the dynejet web you down download winpep7 and will let you look at run.

jrussell

OH...Cool! Thanks, headed there now!

jrussell

TXCHOP...

Hell Ya, worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip...

TXChop

Fun program to play with aint it!

jrussell

Ya, but looking at 80 plus runs over a 6 hour session, its scary to think what these motors go through to get a good tune. Makes you wonder if they're not damn near worn out when they're done...LOL

FLTRI

Quote from: jrussell on February 12, 2010, 02:55:36 PM
....its scary to think what these motors go through to get a good tune. Makes you wonder if they're not damn near worn out when they're done...LOL
In actuality the bike comes out in much better health for 2 basic reasons:
1) All the carbon from the combustion chambers are cleaned out during controlled acceleration runs with light loading (the drum).
2) The tune provides the engine what it likes in order to put out the best performance and power from a given build.

These engines are over engineered until the build goes from mild to wild. :wink: Then the owner becomes responsible for treating the engine as a race engine rather than a street beater.

The load on a bike on a dyno is about equal to accelerating on flat land, without having to push the bike through the air or accelerate the rider's weight. In other words, it easier on the bike than riding on the street.

Addressing the scary part, it does the engine well to accelerate it to red line under controlled conditions. It's very rare you hear of an engine blowing up on an inertia dyno like we use. Usually it's due to assembly or defective part. It would have happened out on the road, just wouldn't know when. :dgust:

Hoping this is taken in the spirit in which it was intended,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

jrussell

QuoteHoping this is taken in the spirit in which it was intended

Bob,
ABSOLUTLY, Thanks for the information from a tuners point of view. It does make me feel better...LOL