April 27, 2024, 02:37:43 PM

News:

12V Repro coils?

Started by Kuda, December 01, 2008, 06:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuda

Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with the stock looking 12V coils (probably V-Twin, but not sure).  I'm going back to a stock timer and I was thinking about using one of these jobbies, but only if they're decent quality and won't leave me stranded on one of my long rides...

-Kuda
'49 panchop

neten-o

Being stranded for 5 hours after a new  coil let me down ..I now carry a spare ..  :horse:

Pzokes

I've had one of Ted's V-Twin repro-looking 12 volt coils for a few years and it's lasted OK.  It's not the bike I ride all the time, but the coil has been ridden in Southern summers without crapping out.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Erichill

I wouldn't put much faith in one from V Twin.  All the electrical components I got through them has been worthless. New Brake switch groundedout from get go. Had to tear it a apart and fix before I ever finished wiring my bike. New Ignition switch didn't make contact, new horn souned like a scooter horn. Go with a reputable manufacter and have confidence in my opinion.  Persoanlly, the style your talking about would look great on my bike, but I  would not have any confidence in it.
Eric