April 27, 2024, 12:34:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Welllll...

Started by Admiral Akbar, December 01, 2008, 08:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FATMAN

Nice scoot Max.  Did you find the other 350cc's for the motor?  RKC is a beautiful bike.
More to the picture than meets the eye.

mayor

Quote from: Deye76 on December 02, 2008, 04:43:04 AM

Then by late next year you'll be ready for a 117"-124" motor :teeth:

that may be a little on the small side for Bruce.   :wink:  O'well, he can always go with that and add a shot of juice.   :teeth:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Admiral Akbar

Well it's good to see that you guys have alreadys started building my motor for me...  :wink: I could see where it could use a little more power but I'm not sure I'd want to stuff a monster in it.. After all it handles like landing barge..  :wink: I'm thinking about doing a fulsack 2 into 2 setup, maybe a w6 (37), and 95 inch with flat tops... nothing special and it don't have to beat any sport bikes.. The first thing is to update the tires and suspension a little and just ride it.. Anybody wanting to put a pumped up 124 in this chassis has got to be a little nutzo... Bruce

Sonny S.

Anybody wanting to put a pumped up 124 in this chassis has got to be a little nutzo...

Funny you should say that. I friend of mine has just that. A 124 S&S in a 98 RK Standard. Bike has over 110K on it, and this is his 2nd 124 in that bike. Pulled the 80" EVO before it left the dealer. He has an 06 Street Glide with a 103 but likes the RK better.

Personally, I think the direction you are heading is good ( except the pipe )...BWTFDIK ?   :wink:

Deye76

"nutzo"
That would be that guy on another board that has a R&R 155" in a RK.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Killer

Quote from: Deye76 on December 02, 2008, 01:20:50 PM
"nutzo"
That would be that guy on another board that has a R&R 155" in a RK.

That gives a whole new meaning to twist and shout.  :wink:
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Admiral Akbar

". I friend of mine has just that."

Well anyone that associates with you is probably a little nutzo...  :smilep:

Tim over on VTF has a 131 in a RK and he's managed to tweak it pretty good hitting a pothole.. Going to a higher perforamce motor on a touring means that your level of awareness has to be higher.. Seems to me you might just want to set back and cruze.. I'm not knocking those guys that like the power though.. Each person has thier on level of insanity...  :embarrassed: Bruce

Frankie42

You mention the battery was very hot. I would suggest you have your regulator tested. When the battery runs hot the regulator is over charging and it will damage your new battery.
Food for thought.

Frankie
FRANKIE 42

Hawg Holler

Wellll,
Congrats on the bike. There are a lot of these kinds of bikes just waiting out there for the recession to clean them out of their garages.

You talk about a lot of things you want to do, but you left out the most important parts ....  owner's and service manuals. They'll save you a lot of grief. Most of the service advice here is very good but every now and then there are some recommendations that are flat wrong or potentially damaging. It's best to have a manual to refer to. What ever you do, don't ask what kind of oil to use. :smilep:
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away
Hawg Holler 2005 Road King Classic

Admiral Akbar

"owner's and service manuals. They'll save you a lot of grief. Most of the service advice here is very good but every now and then there are some recommendations that are flat wrong or potentially damaging."

Well, Already have a 2002, 2003 touring parts and service manuals. Not sure I need the owners manual though I've got a friend offering a 2001 owners manual.. Just need to know how to play with the alarm system.

"What ever you do, don't ask what kind of oil to use. "

Already know what kind of oil to use..  :wink:

"You mention the battery was very hot. I would suggest you have your regulator tested. "

I checked the charging system first thing after the battery. I suspect that the battery had a shorted cell which cooked the rest of it.. When the bike quit the first thing I thought was that I'd fried the stator.. The parts guy I talked to said that the battery overheating is a common failure mode for the AGMs..

Bruce

Admiral Akbar

Thinking bout doing a WT build,,

Grooved home grown heads.. 130-140 cfm intake (1.9 valve) 122 exhaust (1.63) .. (@ 10 inches)

V and H  true duals O2 bungs with Hooker TuneFlow Slipons.

WT26 gear cam

WT57 mm TB.. Manifold ports bored to 1.7 inches.

Thundermax with auto tune / o2 sensors

95 Ci Weisco 10.5 to 1 pistons though the CR might be a little high.. About 10.8

Thoughts?  :teeth:

BTW bought a 2.5 inch shorter curved fastair blem for about $100

Max

Deye76

SERT and have FLTRI tune it. :up:

PanHeadRed

>130-140 cfm intake (1.9 valve)<

>Thoughts?<

Yeah, why bother? 

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: PanHeadRed on December 09, 2008, 04:29:25 PM
>130-140 cfm intake (1.9 valve)<

>Thoughts?<

Yeah, why bother? 

Cuz it's already in the heads I have?  Max

skyhook

congrats on the new bike bruce...I sometimes miss my road king on the long rides...guess you've still got the light bikes...finally figured out who you are...almost flamed you other day 'cause I thought you were someone I didn't know lol
always seem to get their azz wet?

PanHeadRed

Max, like I said in a previous post, I don't claim to know everything, but your flow #'s (I assume are 10") converted to 28" are 226/204, and while I am not expert when it comes to WT cams and TB's I would be suspect about stock flow (226) supporting a WT-26 @10.5 with a 57mm TB.

What am I missing? I don't get the part about 135 cfm / 1.9 valve

Deye76

Quote from: skyhook on December 10, 2008, 12:44:55 AM
congrats on the new bike bruce...I sometimes miss my road king on the long rides...guess you've still got the light bikes...finally figured out who you are...almost flamed you other day 'cause I thought you were someone I didn't know lol

Don't let that stop you. :hyst:

Admiral Akbar

"I would be suspect about stock flow (226) supporting "

"What am I missing? I don't get the part about 135 cfm / 1.9 valve"

From what I see. Stock would be 204 corrected to 28 inches so getting 226 would be about a 10-12% increase.. It would be interest to see what the stock heads and TB flow together.

Might get up to 240... Well see.. 

"Don't let that stop you. Hysterical"

Amen to that  :wink: Max

PanHeadRed

>Stock would be 204 corrected to 28 inches,

You are correct, according to my data, stock 99-05 average about 200.

It should be interesting, I am anxious to see the results.

mark61

To answer the switch question, left switch is for auxiliary  what ever. There is a power wire in the nacelle for plugging something into that switch. Only works when the key is on or set to "aux".
   The windshield....several years ago I bought a "scratched" from some factory in Indiana? Illinois? Clear top and blue bottom. Scratched indeed but I wanted it for painting. Cost me a total of $30 including shipping.  Just can't remember the name....sorry.

mark61

Admiral Akbar

Got a blemed clearview shortened 2.5 inches and recurved for 120 to my door.. Damned if I can find the scratch...  :smilep: Max

HarleyFranco

Bruce,

Let us know what you think of the recurve windshield.

Thanks
Frank

Admiral Akbar

Well I'm not a windshield connoisseur, but I like it. 30 minutes to change and the shorter recurve puts the windshield lower without increasing the wind too much..  The recurve is so slight that you don't notice it as far as distortion goes... Max