April 30, 2024, 06:34:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Home made spoke wrench....

Started by tireater, December 01, 2008, 09:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

I lost my spoke wrench and want to true a wheel today...Has anyone made their own...?
I was thinking about putting a notch in the end of a 3/8" extension...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

oldhippie765

should work. i've always used a vaco brand ajustable wrench it's only about 3" long.

bagga

1985 flhtc
1976 fxe

tireater

I tried that...It is VERY sloppy and I was afraid it would round off ss nipple...

bigblock6912

tireater

I confess...I do not have teeny metric wrenches...I will measure it and see if I need a new metric tool...thanks... :up:

bigpete1

do you have a local dirt bike shop they usually have them on hand .thanks pete

choseneasy

Spoke wrenches are really cheap and they speed up truing.

tireater

I'll check a dirt bike shop in the morning....thanks... :up:

HDRDR

tireater

You have more problems than I would want :emsad: Just asking, are you one of the folks that just have bad luck?

Ride Safe

Al

tireater

Actually I am a com. sea urchin diver and work less than 100 days a year...I don't really believe in luck...
I ride it, break it, fix it, repeat endlessly...Twisting 3 crankshafts is not bad luck...It is just a chitty product....Period...

HDRDR

I am a pearl diver and never had a problem so far :dgust:

tireater

Are we talking about aunt Pearl...?

Panzer

I dove for apples on Halloween.  :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

texaskatfish

Best spoke wrench??

MAG WHEELS!             MAG WHEELS!             MAG WHEELS!                MAG WHEELS!                    MAG WHEELS!                  MAG WHEELS!
(sorry - couldn't resist)
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

byoodah

Does anyone know where to pick up a wrench for the large diameter spokes? I'm running radial laced fat spoke wheels.
I'm also curious as to checking the tension. Not sure the tappingand listening method will work with these.
Byoodah
Here's to the ones serving to keep me free, and to them no longer here with me.

EagleFTE

Byooda, Not sure how big the spokes are but Rowe Products makes a six in one wrench for various sizes.  It costs about $5.00 and is also sold under the Drag Specialties label at many bike shops.