April 30, 2024, 07:49:28 AM

News:

someone will complain!!

Started by cheetah, December 01, 2008, 09:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheetah

Something my Brother sent me via e-mail. Thought it worth posting here.

Please read this it is so upsetting that some people find it so easy to complain about things like this and miss the true meaning of what families are going through all for the safety and freedom of our country. I would sure like to meet this woman and tell her a thing or too.

Luke AFB is west of Phoenix and is rapidly being surrounded by
civilization that complains about the noise from the base and its
planes, forgetting that it was there long before they were.

A certain Lieutenant Colonel at Luke AFB deserves a big pat on the
back.

Apparently, an individual who lives somewhere near Luke AFB wrote
the local paper complaining about a group of F-16s that disturbed
his/her day at the mall.

When that individual read the response from a Luke AFB officer, it must
Have stung quite a bit.

The complaint:

'Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base:
Whom do we thank for the morning air show? Last Wednesday, at
precisely 9:11 A.M, a tight formation of four F-16 jets made a low
pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over Bell Road at
approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune! Do the
Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were they
trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns early bird special?
Any response would be appreciated.

The response:

Regarding 'A wake-up call from Luke's jets' On June 15, at
precisely 9:12 a.m, a perfectly timed four- ship fly by of F-16s from
the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew over the grave of
Capt. Jeremy Fresques.

Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed at
Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial Day.

At 9 a. m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland
Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and
friend.

Based on the letter writer's recount of the fly by, and because of
the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the
playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques
as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the President of the
United States and all those veterans and servicemen and women
who understand the sacrifices they have endured.

A four-ship fly by is a display of respect the Air Force gives to those
who
give their lives in defense of freedom.

We are professional aviators and take our jobs seriously,
and on June 15 what the letter writer witnessed was four officers
lining up to pay their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, 'Whom do we thank for the morning air
show? The 56th Fighter Wing will make the call for you, and forward
your thanks to the widow and parents of Capt Fresques, and thank them
for you, for it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most
honorable
formation of their lives.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you.....Jesus Christ
and
the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Lt. Col. Grant L. Rosensteel, Jr.

USAF

Live Every Day if it was your Last
Cause it just might be

Coyote

December 01, 2008, 09:55:59 AM #1 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:58:20 AM by Coyote
You should probably include the entire, correct story, not just part of it that has been edited. That can be found here http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/wakeup.asp

Panzer

A great come back if ever I heard one.
NOW, WHO EATS CROW ????
Again I say............God bless the vets and our service personnel, a BIG salute to all
and a BIGGER thanks for my freedom.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

CraigArizona85248

It's too bad that these letters get edited and have things added to them as they float around the internet.  As a whole the letter is accurate except for the last little bit.  Also unfortunate that the bit about the person who made the complaint wasn't included.  The person who complained was actually a vietnam vet who appologized by writing a letter to the local newpaper and was quite embarassed by the whole thing.  I just goes to show that these "misundertandings" should not always be assumed to have come from someone who is less then partriotic.  Sometimes a misunderstanding is just a misunderstanding.

-Craig

floatyguy

At Least he had the respect to write a applogie letter. I too live near a military installation and my house is directly over the flight path (NAS Fallon) I get asked all the time how can I stand the noise. Being A Vietnam era veteran (US ARMY) I have a usuall response. ITS THE SOUND OF FREEDOM. Its when you STOP hearing the noise, thats when you need to worrie.

Panzer

Craig..........
I understand what you're saying, but..............
This vet you speak of should have know better seeing a formation flyby.
And to even sit down and write a letter of complaint.......I don't buy it.
What was he a vet of, the Foreign Legion, can't believe a vet of vietnam, those vets have better manners then that jerk you described.
Embarrassed, I should think so.  :angry:

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

RK101

The poor guy probably had a migraine headache or worked all night. And got all pissed off and wrote that letter that he's still getting hate mail some three and a half years later. The give away should have been that they were in formation and flying low. Being a Vet you would have thought he would have know it was something special. I would think he'll cut off his hands before he writes another letter to the AFB.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

RK101

Panzer seems like you and I were both thinking the same thing, He should have known something was up.

Panzer

Amen bro, amen
Great minds think alike.     :smilep:

RK101

Great minds think alike.      If that be the case be afraid be very afraid. :teeth:

tomboyjr

great story-didnt end up the way I thought it would from the title of the thread.
I thought it was something like this:

I live in CT and we have a local gun club that has been in existence since something like 1938. Its in the middle of nowhere. However the past 10 years or so, they have been building huge houses on the former farmland in the area. So now some rich New Yorker buys a weekend house a half mile from the club, and is trying to sue to get the club shut down because he doesnt like the noise on Sunday morning when they shoot clays. First he tried saying it was dangerous, that bullets could hit his house. When he was told that shotgun pellets only go a few hundred yards at best, he then said it was the noise that bothered him. i believe its still in court.

Rags722

Quote from: tomboyjr on December 01, 2008, 01:53:20 PM
great story-didnt end up the way I thought it would from the title of the thread.
I thought it was something like this:

I live in CT and we have a local gun club that has been in existence since something like 1938. Its in the middle of nowhere. However the past 10 years or so, they have been building huge houses on the former farmland in the area. So now some rich New Yorker buys a weekend house a half mile from the club, and is trying to sue to get the club shut down because he doesnt like the noise on Sunday morning when they shoot clays. First he tried saying it was dangerous, that bullets could hit his house. When he was told that shotgun pellets only go a few hundred yards at best, he then said it was the noise that bothered him. i believe its still in court.

Got any idea how many small dirt race tracks got closed by the same mindset?  I heard a story years back about people in a new development complaining that the local farmer sprayed his crops and they were "offended" by the fact he used pesticides that could drift into their yards.  The town had to take action, and the farmer decided he could no longer grow produce he could sell without spraying, so he in turn sold the farm to a big developer and walked away with a decent profit.  Then the homeowners bitched because they claimed they purchased their homes so they could see farmland, not a huge development.  Makes ya want to laugh, huh?

Killer

Yep just like when people buy a new home near an airport and then complain about the air traffic.  :dgust:
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!