April 30, 2024, 04:17:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tired of getting asked for rides...?

Started by tireater, December 01, 2008, 01:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tireater

Even after I put on a 'rumble seat' women would ask for rides...Got tired of explaining no pegs or p pad...
So I invested $7 in spikes and bolts...And never get asked for rides anymore...Priceless!

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

crow

Knees in the Breeze is all I need........:)

JamLazyAss

Best hang on real tight, or that fender could make a woman out of you   :crook:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

tireater

Single and looking for my next ex....I just like having a solo bike...I have a bagger for rides...

Redleg

zj1182

Your problem is one I haven't been able to identify with for some time, LOL!

The last time I was asked to give a non-family gal a ride was when the church auctioned off a ride with me in a fund raiser for our community meals program.  The gal who won was so determined to win that in her enthusiasm for the bidding she topped her own bid!

On the day of the ride, we rode to pick up Gladys (the perfect lady, 75 yrs old, never been on a bike).  She had borrowed a vest, boots, doo rag, and proudly pulled on a pair of jeans she'd owned for 14 years and could still get into.  We had quite a group of riders turn out who just had to see Gladys on  Harley.  When we started out I was pleased when Gladys let out a whoop when we went around the first few corners.  I thought she was having a good time until I realized she didn't know you lean around corners and thought we were going to fall over!  Got lots of pictures, and rode along the seacoast to a local ice cream stand, where her husband picked her up and took her home.

zj

tireater

I gave my brothers boys a ride on the bagger...I told the 13 yr old when we got home...
Don't tell anyone we did a wheelie and went 100 on the onramp...
He kept the secret for 10 seconds...My dad was pissed...(it was only 90)... :wink:

oldhippie765

bet that setpu would be great for the roids :teeth:

NormL

Cracky
Swanton, Vermont

tireater

I could of made it strutless...but I like welded chain struts...

CraigArizona85248

Women take one look at the close proximity of the exhaust pipe, the narrow pillion pad, and the rigid frame and walk away without saying a word.  That's fine with me.  Keeps the wife happy too.  The ones who still want a ride are definitely trouble and I know to steer clear of those all on my own.  LOL   ;D

tireater

Killer pan....but you are ready to ride someone back there...
My old g/f did 140 miles sitting on a lifejacket on the stock fender w no pegs...
That fender just had to go...I like having a solo bike you don't have to explain...

PoorUB

I ride a bagger and will give a ride to any good lookin' gal that asks. I will deal with the missus later.
(Actually, it seems that the only ones that ask are her friends! And they ask her first!)
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Phu Cat

Have been asked for a ride on some occasions.  I make it a point to tell 'em its up to Ma what other butt sits on her seat.  It wasn't always that way, but I don't want to have to start over AGAIN!

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

tireater

I was lowering my standards and giving rides to any woman who wanted one...
Most turned out to be druggies or worse...my real friends gave me too much grief...
I now stick with my current g/f...She is all the woman I need...or trust...

pan64

Best night I ever had in my life was after being asked for a ride, she offered me a drink (me and a bro were sitting on our bikes in front of a bar) if I gave her a ride, She bought me drinks all day and into the night and ... well her sister wanted a ride too. best two for one I ever had! The funny thing was, I was on  Honda 750 chopper and my bro was riding an FXE!

tireater

JohnnyM

My friend Ronnie and I headed home late one night when a silicone injected blond asked for a ride.  She explained that she and her old man had an argument and that he was the president of the Bandito’s.  Ronnie’s reply, “get off my bike”. 

02roadcling

tire
There is an azz for every seat. Look hard enuff and there is bound to be some s&m bitch that would love a bumpy ride on that fender, without her pants.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Panzer

ZJ..........great story!
How much was the price on your head?

"The bid"
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

x52gnr

Quote from: JamLazyAss on December 01, 2008, 01:26:46 PM
Best hang on real tight, or that fender could make a woman out of you   :crook:

ouch............................. :hyst:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

tireater

By the time I am on that fender...I have much bigger problems than the spikes... :smileo:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]