April 27, 2024, 11:55:51 AM

News:

update on TDC 6 in 4

Started by nomadbkr, December 01, 2008, 01:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nomadbkr

.. in case anyone's chompin at the bit like I am for The Driveline Company's new 6 in 4 speed trannies to become available, ya gotta wait ..
.. new ETA is mid January ..
.. this ain't spam .. I got nuthin to do with the company in any way ..
.. just spreadin the word cuz I like what they're doin and I'm fired up 'bout their new 6 in 4 trannies that actually fit like they should and IMHO are long overdue ..
.. tapered shaft .. plugs right up to a 4 spd primary ..
.. slim line kicker designed to fit the case with no case add-on and no mainshaft extension ..
.. uses late 5 spd ball ramp so there's no clutch arm and no pipe clearance issues ..
.. $1420 ..
.. if they're as good as I'm being told; should be worth the wait I think ..
.. the guy sed they'll probably carry the special clutch cables for early controls ..

.. I'll update when they're available ..

nomad

76shuvlinoff

Keep the updates coming Nomad.  I'm not sure about needing a 6sp but the part about bolting up in place of a 4 with no clutch arm has me interested. Who knows, someday I might want to trade off the RevTech 5/4 for one of these if I get back a better pipe selection than I have now.

Thanks
   Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

randallwhitman

I had a Sputhe 5/4 and went for a JIMS 6/4.  Absolutely love it. 
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

Fab Kevin

Isn't The Driveline Company the same place that ripped off Dennis Goodson's air cleaners, making an exact copy overseas?  Well, yes - it is.  Not trying to start anything here, but just because something is "assembled in America", could mean that they "assembled" it onto the box from the chinese shipping container.  I would keep a weather eye on these, at least.  If they can't make an air cleaner here, do you think this trans will be "assembled" with American made components?

nomadbkr

hey Kevin .. good to see you made it ..
.. I just did a search to be sure, and I think you might have TDC mistaken for another company ..
.. these are the only air cleaners I know of that TDC has ..
.. they come with their motors and are not offered separately .. TDC (The Driveline Company) doesn't sell air cleaners ..

.. TDC is in the biz of making / building driveline components and motors ..
.. they don't sell accessories ..
.. you might be able to get one of the above air cleaners as a replacement or special request type thing, but their product line does not include "air cleaners" ..
http://www.thedrivelinecompany.com/

.. there IS a well known company that has Goodson look alike air cleaners though ..
.. I won't say who .. but a quick online search might suprize you ..

nomad

stroker800

The TDC stuff looks alot like the defunct Custom Chrome parts,,,the trannies for sure...I could be wrong.....Lets face it the CCI supplier is still up and running while CCI is going under...Those were the smae trannies Indian was putting in their bikes..Hey I've had good luck with my gear set from CCI so far...
Dave

Fab Kevin

December 03, 2008, 04:58:35 PM #6 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:25:22 PM by Fab Kevin
Nomad - maybe you are right.  TDC includes some ex-custom chrome guys that set up shop within "another well known shop".  The Goodson knock-offs were brought in by one of the TDC guys, after he was "let go" from CCI (for having the Goodson's knocked off).  Now they are marketed under another name, but I think the connection is TDC (you will even find TDC listed within their catalog).  Ron told me personally, when I questioned him in Cinci this year.

Anyhow - I just wanted to bring it up.  Dennis was HORRIBLY wronged.  Dennis is just a guy who's been around forever, making his parts (that he designed) here in America.  He had a hard enough time making a living, without having his design stolen and made offshore.  If they're willing to knock off someone else to make a buck, they're not the kind of place I want to buy from. 

If I am mistaken here, I appologise.