May 09, 2024, 03:02:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

which side?

Started by 94sporty, February 23, 2010, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94sporty

ok kind of a stupid qustion. i had a 29t pulley and traded it for a 27t and was wondering about that spacer behind the pulley. they were different size spacers so we traded those to.  i was wondering which side of that spacer goes into the motor the beveled side or the flat side. dont really know if it matters or not but wanted to make sure. thanks!

xlfan

Flat side against pulley. There is a thin square o-ring that bevel enters over inside. If spacer is changed, you need the correct oil seal as well as outer diameter of those spacers are different.

xlfan

94sporty

went to locals harley shop and asked them about a different size oil seal and they didnt know what i was talkin about so could you give me the size or part number of that oil seal for a 27t. also i just wanted to make sure that oil seal and spacer was the only two things that i had to change for the 27t rather then a 29t. thanks!

xlfan

The difference is not due to 27T or 29T, but the year the pulleys are from. There was change i -94 to a wider splined portion of the pulley ad a new pulley locking system AND a shorter spacer with larger I.D. The old long spacer, 33334-85 are paired with 12050 oil seal. The new short spacer, 33334-94 are paired with 12067A oil seal.

xlfan