April 30, 2024, 03:56:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A question for the Admins.

Started by MrClean, December 01, 2008, 01:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrClean

December 01, 2008, 01:49:04 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:54:27 PM by MrClean
At the bottom of this page is an icon that says poll.

On the general message board a question was asked about "T" shirts.

I thought I saw a poll taken here but can't find it.  You could vote and not leave a message.

Maybe more would vote if you only needed to point and click on a yes or no box and not need to write anything giving a reason or opinion.

So is a poll thread an option? If so how is it done?

Or do I need to  :rtfb:

I really like that modify button.
These are the facts according to my opinions.

Coyote

I can't see where you should be seeing anything related to Polls. Polls are currently turned off on HTT.

Garfield

In the words of Schultz, "I see nothing"

I see no poll icon, perhaps you can do a screen capture and post ?

Skullfork

Click on the "Show new replies to your posts" by your picture at the top, then at the bottom you'll see a poll link ...

Coyote

Quote from: Evil-Eagle on December 01, 2008, 02:47:39 PM
Click on the "Show new replies to your posts" by your picture at the top, then at the bottom you'll see a poll link ...

That icon indicates if a topic has a poll in it. Currently only administrators may post polls. I know I've seen other sites where the polls got pretty out of hand, and since this site is primarily a tech site, polls don't offer as much.

FSG

Quote from: Evil-Eagle on December 01, 2008, 02:47:39 PM

and to quote MrClean, "At the bottom of this page is an icon that says poll."  , like Garfield I see no poll icon.

MrClean

December 01, 2008, 03:26:04 PM #6 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:12:18 PM by MrClean

OK no polls.  Thanks.

And it is at the bottom of this page.

General & Model Specific
http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?board=1.0#top

Point and click on "go down" and look at the bottom of the page.

Rags722

Quote from: MrClean on December 01, 2008, 03:26:04 PM

OK no polls.  Thanks.

And it is at the bottom of this page.

General & Model Specific
http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?board=1.0#top

Point and click on "go down" and look at the bottom of the page.

Ah, you do understand that at the bottom of the page they are showing you the icon list and their description, right?  So if the Admins run a poll, the "Poll" icon will show up on the left side of the page.

MrClean

I understand what the icons mean. :wink: 

Was just asking if a member could start a true poll instead of just asking a question like the T Shirt thread where, by the way, a member thought it was a poll. :emsad:

http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?topic=2244.0#lastPost

Answer #28

Isn't a poll one person or persons asking others their opinion on a subject? 

Panzer

December 02, 2008, 12:50:10 PM #9 Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:54:06 PM by Panzer
NO................
A poll...........is from POLAND

Well, if I didn't say it someone else would have.   :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.