May 06, 2024, 10:55:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Batwing

Started by POORBOY, December 01, 2008, 07:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POORBOY

Anyone tried any of the aftermarket Fairings for a Roadking, thinking about tiring one  Who makes the best aftermarket Fairings
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

dbhwt

From everything I've read, Dragonfly makes the best...

steelknee57

My Dragonfly has about 30,000 miles on it and was put on in 2005 and it is holding up well. It's painted Luxury Blue to match the bike and the paint still looks good. (has a few chips from road debris, but they use quality paint).

y2kflhr

I have a kenny day, I bought used, it is a basic fairing, no option for radio, they are pretty cheap considering it has worked out fine, but again just basic.

Roadking Warrior

I had mine made at Dead Center Cycles.  It's a great idea and definitely a great addition.

harleyrider703

it would have been easyer to buy a bike with a fairing

blk-betty

December 07, 2008, 09:35:02 AM #6 Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:36:48 AM by blk-betty
Quote from: harleyrider703 on December 07, 2008, 08:55:13 AM
it would have been easyer to buy a bike with a fairing

For those that have a detachable, I wonder what percentage of time the detachable is on vs. off the bike.

Buddy put a Dragonfly on his 98 RK and he loves it.  Seems like a well made piece.
Mark  '12 Road Glide Custom
Coastal SC

steelknee57

Mine stays on all of the time. Got used to listening to Sirius Radio. Have the bike set up for touring, never take the king tour pak off either.

POORBOY

Hoppe Fairing will be here tomorrow, wanted the Dragonfly just to pricey for Poorboy,I will let you guys know how it works out
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN