April 27, 2024, 09:14:57 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

'77 Shovelhead frame question

Started by Ironman, February 28, 2010, 05:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironman

Coming over from the Panhead section.  Do you guys know if a 1977 Shovelhead frame will accept the pogo-stick, solo/buddy seat setup ?
  Thanks in Advance.

GEEBO

Will work great. I have one on my 74. Make sure you have bushing in top.
G.

billbuilds

If it's a 77 FLH frame it should have the right side floor board tab, zirc fitting in the seat post for the plunger and bushings as well. Do you know what the first two digits in the VIN number are? Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

rbonner

February 28, 2010, 10:18:51 AM #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 10:22:10 AM by rbonner
Original FLH frame, no prob there.  My FX 79 frame still has the seat bushings in it, looked really good too unused in 30 years.

In 77 and 79 for that matter all the neat options were still available, Comfort Flex seat, Steering Damper, Adjustable trail trees, reverse, hand shift, foot clutch...  They didn't build very many, (like NONE) but the options were still available.  So it could be resto correct to put these options on your bike.

BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper

Ironman

ramcr913

Yeah, I ran a pogo for a while on a 1980 FXEF frame, but had to weld a heavy washer underneath the frame to accept the pogo stick.

rbonner

Yes I suppose to keep the spring from popping through.  I'm going to the dining room to stick my finger up there.  BRB..

Took a caliper to the hole on the bottom, 1"  seems to go all the way up.  Yep probably needs something to grab the spring.  I didn't pull my seat.  Whats the diameter of the seat post?

BOB
79 FXEF-80, 97 DSCC, 07 FLHT, 05 Chopper