May 04, 2024, 04:17:43 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

PCIII and XIEDs

Started by evelmike, December 01, 2008, 07:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evelmike

I have a 2008 Fatbob with a PCIII that came with O2 eliminaters.  Any ill effects by running XIEDs with the PCIII? Engine is stock except for 2into1 and open air cleaner.    I plan on a 103 kit and cam over winter. Thanks.

Gulfstream

December 01, 2008, 08:16:34 PM #1 Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:19:19 PM by Gulfstream
I can't say for sure about the PCIII but my wife has a V&H Fuelpak and a set of IED's on her 07 Sporty (Stage 1) and it runs great. The Fuelpak works in open loop and the IED's take care of the closed loop operation, good combo for her set up.

FLTRI

Quote from: evelmike on December 01, 2008, 07:33:40 PM
I have a 2008 Fatbob with a PCIII that came with O2 eliminators.  Any ill effects by running XIEDs with the PCIII? Engine is stock except for 2into1 and open air cleaner.    I plan on a 103 kit and cam over winter. Thanks.
You have the off-road version that eliminates the O2 sensors, so what you are asking is will the open loop PC act like a closed loop system and change AFR based on installed O2 sensor readings and XIED modification of those signals.
I don't think so, but it would be worth a call to Dynojet to ask that question. I imagine, in their R&D they've tried it. Maybe not adding XIEDs as that sounds like piggyback on top of piggyback, which is never a good idea with these systems.
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open